[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Perception Engineer: object pose estimation for manipulation. Dorabot Inc. (Shenzhen, China)

Hao hao at dorabot.com
Tue Jan 12 01:05:14 PST 2016

​​======================================================================
*Perception Engineer on object pose estimation for robotic manipulation*
Dorabot Inc. ,Shenzhen, China

We aim to gather the smartest robot enthusiasts to build fully autonomous
robot that can see and operate in human environment, bring a true robotic
future to life.
For this position we are looking for a talented software engineer with a
deep background in vision and robot perception.
You should be well versed in state-of-the-art, real time 2D and 3D
perception algorithms, especially on object recognition and pose estimation
for robotic manipulation, and has deployed them on real robotic hardware.
You will be responsible for the development and refinement of perception
capabilities on our *autonomous mobile manipulators*.
You will be part of the core R&D team within Dorabot and will focus on work
on challenging scenarios such as *real-time object tracking, picking ,
placing and even tool manipulating under unstructured environment*.
We work in a fast paced, agile environment, where we constantly
collaborate, brainstorm & peer review ideas, and test proposed solutions.
We encourage continual learning within the team.

*Required skills:*
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Robotics, or a related field.
- Experience deploying object recognition or pose estimation algorithms
onto real world systems.
- Ability to turn academic ideas into practical code
- High proficiency in C++, python is a plus.
- Effective oral and written communication skills in English
- Love robots

*Preferable Skills:*
- PhD in Computer Vision related topics or MSc with vast computer vision
experience
- Experience with multi-core architectures
- Experience of speeding up algorithms by parallelization with GPU
- Experience in creating computational efficient code that scales to
multiple applications
- Experience with Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Experience with OpenCV and/or PCL
- Previous contributions to open source projects
- Strong background in machine learning

*What We Offer:*
- Competitive salary and equity based on experience and contribution.
- Experience working with some of the best robotics minds of current time.
- Central location in Shenzhen, fastest hardware iteration speed in the
world (Get things done faster, no more waiting for hardware!).
- Relaxed and healthy working environment with fresh fruits & standing desk.
- Well funded by internationally renowned VC (Huge amount of money that can
be spend on developing robots).
- Opportunity to help bring fully autonomous, robotic future to life.

=========
TO APPLY
=========
Please send your CV and a short motivation letter (stating why you want to
join) to dream at dorabot.com

--
Best,
Hao