[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Robot Software Engineer Positions at Savioke

Liz Murphy liz at savioke.com
Wed Jan 13 14:15:58 PST 2016

Savioke is looking for multiple experienced roboticists to work on
mobile robot navigation for our next generation of personal service
robots. We are developing autonomous service robots that engage with
people in everyday spaces such as hotels, hospitals, offices and the
shop floor. To date, we've done well over 12,000 deliveries and
deployed our robot to several hotels, autonomously navigating hundreds
of kilometers and delighting thousands of people in the process.

As a robot software engineer, you will be involved in designing,
implementing and testing systems for mapping, motion/path planning and
localization. A commitment to making the robot work robustly, 24/7 in
diverse environments and around people is essential. You will work
with a close knit cross-disciplinary team to help bring new products
to market as well as service existing customers and platforms.

Requirements:

- MS or Ph.D. in robotics or related field
- Solid software engineering skills and a demonstrated fluency in C++,
Python and ROS development in a Linux environment
- Experience with robots and sensor systems in the real world
- Solid understanding of mobile robot navigation algorithms and
familiarity with the state of the art from the literature
- The verbal and written communication skills to be able to work
effectively as part of a small, distributed team

This is a full time position at Savioke's offices in Santa Clara, CA.

Savioke is proud to have a diverse team, and does not discriminate
based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or
veteran status.

Please submit a CV and code samples to Liz Murphy at jobs at savioke.com.