[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Robotics Research Intern at Bosch

Hess Juergen (CR/RTC1.1-NA) Juergen.Hess2 at us.bosch.com
Thu Jan 14 09:12:55 PST 2016

The Bosch Robotics Team is looking for outstanding Masters or PhD level interns to work on robotics and related projects. As the ideal candidate you have strong technical skills, are willing to tackle challenging problems and work in a highly dynamic team. Depending on your background, you will solve problems in some of the most challenging areas of robotic research such as manipulation, planning, grasping, control, learning-from-demonstration as well as 3D perception or reconstruction.

Please find the entire job posting as well as the instructions on how to apply here:
http://www.bosch.us/content/language1/html/14327.htm

Below are two examples of possible topics:
*       Semantic Interpretation: We are working on an accurate reconstruction of indoor environments that includes semantic elements like position and size of the walls, windows, doors and other elements in an indoor environment.
*       Robotic Manipulation: Our goal is that a non-expert can quickly teach a robot to perform new manipulation tasks. We aim at creating efficient parameterizations for task controllers so that skills can be generalized and transferred across domains.

We also offer the possibility to publish excellent results of the internship.

Skills / Job Requirements
*       Currently pursuing a M.S. or PhD in CS, or related fields
*       Robotics and/or computer vision-related coursework and experience
*       Proven experience developing software using C++ (Python is a plus) and ROS
*       Proven experience with Android and/or iOS development is a plus
*       Knowledge of Linux and development on Linux systems
*       Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as within a highly-motivated team environment.
*       Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to deliver on challenging software development tasks.
*       Experience in one or more of the research areas indicated above.

Required Application Materials
*       Cover letter
*       Resume/CV
*       If possible, two references and/or two letters of recommendation
*       Please indicate desired internship time frame

Availability: all year
Duration: 3-6 months
Location: Palo Alto, CA, USA

Best,