[robotics-worldwide] [Meetings] 2016 Midwest Robotics Workshop Call for Participation

Matthew Walter mwalter at ttic.edu
Fri Jan 15 10:18:45 PST 2016

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

Midwest Robotics Workshop (MWRW 2016)

March 17‒18, 2016

TTI-Chicago

http://mwrw.ttic.edu

OVERVIEW

We invite all roboticists to attend the first annual Midwest Robotics Workshop (MWRW) to be held at TTI-Chicago on March 17 & 18, 2016.

The Midwest Robotics Workshop is intended to bring together roboticists from academia and industry in and around the Midwestern United States. It is an opportunity for researchers and practitioners to share their work and to network with one another, with the goal of creating a more cohesive and vibrant robotics community in the Midwest. The workshop will feature invited talks by leading researchers, and an exciting collection of oral presentations and interactive poster sessions.

CALL FOR ABSTRACTS

The interactive poster sessions and oral talks are integral to the workshop. They provide participants the opportunity to become familiar with the broad interests of the local robotics community. We encourage researchers to submit a title and abstract summarizing recent or ongoing work. Please note that contributions will not be archived. As such, we welcome abstracts that describe research that was previously published or is still in progress.

INVITED SPEAKERS

Tim Barfoot, University of Toronto
Todd Murphey, Northwestern University
Russ Tedrake, Massachusetts Institute of Technology

REGISTRATION

There is no cost to attend the workshop. Please see the workshop homepage (http://mwrw.ttic.edu) for information on how to register.

STUDENT LODGING GRANTS

In an effort to encourage participation from outside the Chicagoland area, we will be awarding a limited number of grants to cover the cost of lodging for the night of March 17th. Please see the workshop homepage for information on how to apply.

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

Matthew Walter, TTI-Chicago (Organizer)
Ed Olson, University of Michigan (Co-organizer)
Ryan Eustice, University of Michigan (Co-organizer)
Seth Hutchinson, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Co-organizer)