[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Mechanical Design and Validation Engineer position at Soft Robotics Inc.

Sarv Parteek Singh ssingh at softroboticsinc.com
Fri Jan 15 07:58:33 PST 2016

Soft Robotics Inc. (www.softroboticsinc.com) is an early-stage,
venture-backed startup enabling new markets in automation through its
proprietary technology. Soft Robotics’ technology brings a new level of
adaptability and agility to traditional industrial and emerging
collaborative robotic systems, opening up new applications in manufacturing
and food handling. We are looking for talented engineers who are excited to
work in a fast-paced startup environment to help develop and commercialize
this fundamentally new technology.

*Job description*

We are seeking a Mechanical Design and Validation Engineer to start working
full-time immediately at our headquarters in Cambridge, MA. The role will
focus on the design, design for manufacture, and the transfer to
manufacturing process for soft robotics control systems.  This position
requires experience in designing complex mechanical integrations of
electromechanical systems and supporting them throughout the product life
cycle.  Development projects are highly independent and require the ability
to work in a fast paced startup environment.  Successful candidates will
need to be comfortable scoping, planning, and executing development efforts
based on voice of customer and technical design requirements.

*Responsibilities*

   - Mechanical design of new control units which offer improved
   performance, new features, and new capabilities.
   - Selection of components to improve serviceability, quality, and
   cost-effectiveness.
   - Revision of existing control unit design and documentation to
   facilitate production of components and sub-assemblies by third party
   assemblers.
   - Development of transfer to manufacturing documentation.
   - Willingness to up to 15%

*Qualifications*

   -         B.S. (M.S. preferred) in ME, SE (Systems Engineering), or
   related field.
   -         5+ years working experience developing mechatronic systems for
   manufacture and product transfer to manufacturing.
   -       Experience in specification of mechanical hardware for embedded
   systems (connectorization, electrical fixturing, EMI protection, etc.)
   preferred.
   -         Experience in pneumatic and industrial control systems/logic
   preferred.
   -       Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with both
   customers and team members. ­

*How to apply*

Please email your resume and portfolio with relevant work samples to
Jobs at softroboticsinc.com and include in the subject “*[Ref: 1008]*”.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the United States.

*Soft Robotics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate against age, color, genetic information, religion, sex, or
national origin.  We are an E-Verify Employer.*