[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Reliability Engineer position at Soft Robotics Inc.

Sarv Parteek Singh ssingh at softroboticsinc.com
Fri Jan 15 07:59:41 PST 2016

Soft Robotics Inc. (www.softroboticsinc.com) is an early-stage,
venture-backed startup enabling new markets in automation through its
proprietary technology. Soft Robotics’ technology brings a new level of
adaptability and agility to traditional industrial and emerging
collaborative robotic systems, opening up new applications in manufacturing
and food handling. We are looking for talented engineers who are excited to
work in a fast-paced startup environment to help develop and commercialize
this fundamentally new technology.

*Job description*

We are seeking a Reliability Engineer to start working full-time
immediately at our headquarters in Cambridge, MA. The role will focus on
the testing and evaluation of soft robotic devices and systems.  This will
include the full portfolio of soft robotics actuators and End-of-Arm
Tools.  This position will be responsible for the characterization of
design performance, and generation of design inputs into future development
efforts.  This person will also be responsible for the design and assembly
of electromechanical testing fixtures as well as data collection and
analysis.

*Responsibilities*

   -         Conducting functionality and validation tests on prototype
   actuators and end-of-arm tool designs
   -         Analysis of field use and in-house testing data
   -         Aid in the design and manufacture of prototype soft robotic
   devices
   -         Design and assembly of electromechanical testing fixtures
   -         Travel to customer sites up to 15% of the time

*Qualifications*

   -         B.S. in Mechanical Engineering and/or Electrical Engineering
   with a background in mechatronics.
   -         2-3 years’ relevant industry experience.
   -         Experience designing electromechanical systems
   -         Experience with Solidworks, Matlab, and National Instruments
   devices.
   -         Experience with rapid prototyping systems (e.g. 3D printing,
   laser cutting, and machining)
   -         Strong time management and organizational skills.

*How to apply*

Please email your resume and portfolio with relevant work samples to
Jobs at softroboticsinc.com and include in the subject “*[Ref: 1007]*”.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the United States.

*Soft Robotics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate against age, color, genetic information, religion, sex, or
national origin.  We are an E-Verify Employer.*