[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Applications Design Engineer position at Soft Robotics Inc.
Sarv Parteek Singh
ssingh at softroboticsinc.com
Fri Jan 15 08:00:22 PST 2016
Soft Robotics Inc. (www.softroboticsinc.com) is an early-stage,
venture-backed startup enabling new markets in automation through its
proprietary technology. Soft Robotics’ technology brings a new level of
adaptability and agility to traditional industrial and emerging
collaborative robotic systems, opening up new applications in manufacturing
and food handling. We are looking for talented engineers who are excited
to work in a fast-paced startup environment to help develop and
commercialize this fundamentally new technology.
We are seeking an Applications Design Engineer to start working full-time
immediately at our headquarters in Cambridge, MA. The role will be
dedicated to helping drive sales of our technology through technical and
design support of customer-specific projects. The engineer will interact
directly with end customers, the sales and business development team, and
other members of the engineering team throughout the sales cycle to
prototype, test, and build tools that meet our customers’ needs.
- Develop specifications and design requirements for end-of-arm tools to
meet customer needs.
- Evaluate feasibility of customer projects through iterative
prototyping and testing.
- Design, build, and assemble end-or-arm tools according to customer
- Act as technical sales resource by designing and coordinating
technology demonstrations, both on and off site.
- Develop system documentation (AutoCAD prints of designs, software
backups, system operation manuals, spare parts lists, etc.) for customer
- Travel to customer sites to conduct project validation, system
testing, and system installs.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Systems Engineering or
- 1-3 years of project-related responsibilities and experience with
automated manufacturing or robotic systems.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- SolidWorks experience and strong technical drawing skills required.
- Robot programming experience preferred, ideally with industrial 6-DOF
and delta robots.
- Prefer the ability to design control panels, electrical schematics,
I/O diagrams, and pneumatic schematics.
- Experience with rapid prototyping systems (e.g. 3D printing, laser
cutting, and machining)
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple
concurrent projects involving a variety of resources with defined
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to
work individually and as part of a team and present to high-value customers.
*How to apply*
Please email your resume, portfolio with relevant work samples to
Jobs at softroboticsinc.com and include in the subject “*[Ref:1006]*”.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the United States.
S*oft Robotics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate against age, color, genetic information, religion, sex, or
national origin. We are an E-Verify Employer.*
More information about the robotics-worldwide