[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Applications Design Engineer position at Soft Robotics Inc.

Sarv Parteek Singh ssingh at softroboticsinc.com
Fri Jan 15 08:00:22 PST 2016

Soft Robotics Inc. (www.softroboticsinc.com) is an early-stage,
venture-backed startup enabling new markets in automation through its
proprietary technology. Soft Robotics’ technology brings a new level of
adaptability and agility to traditional industrial and emerging
collaborative robotic systems, opening up new applications in manufacturing
and food handling.  We are looking for talented engineers who are excited
to work in a fast-paced startup environment to help develop and
commercialize this fundamentally new technology.

*Job description*

We are seeking an Applications Design Engineer to start working full-time
immediately at our headquarters in Cambridge, MA. The role will be
dedicated to helping drive sales of our technology through technical and
design support of customer-specific projects.  The engineer will interact
directly with end customers, the sales and business development team, and
other members of the engineering team throughout the sales cycle to
prototype, test, and build tools that meet our customers’ needs.

*Responsibilities*

   - Develop specifications and design requirements for end-of-arm tools to
   meet customer needs.
   - Evaluate feasibility of customer projects through iterative
   prototyping and testing.
   - Design, build, and assemble end-or-arm tools according to customer
   specifications.
   - Act as technical sales resource by designing and coordinating
   technology demonstrations, both on and off site.
   - Develop system documentation (AutoCAD prints of designs, software
   backups, system operation manuals, spare parts lists, etc.) for customer
   projects.
   - Travel to customer sites to conduct project validation, system
   testing, and system installs.

*Qualifications*

   - Bachelors degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Systems Engineering or
   relevant experience.
   - 1-3 years of project-related responsibilities and experience with
   automated manufacturing or robotic systems.
   - Ability to travel up to 25%.
   - SolidWorks experience and strong technical drawing skills required.
   - Robot programming experience preferred, ideally with industrial 6-DOF
   and delta robots.
   - Prefer the ability to design control panels, electrical schematics,
   I/O diagrams, and pneumatic schematics.
   - Experience with rapid prototyping systems (e.g. 3D printing, laser
   cutting, and machining)
   - Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple
   concurrent projects involving a variety of resources with defined
   deadlines/schedules.
   - Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to
   work individually and as part of a team and present to high-value customers.

 *How to apply*

 Please email your resume, portfolio with relevant work samples to
Jobs at softroboticsinc.com and include in the subject “*[Ref:1006]*”.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the United States.

S*oft Robotics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate against age, color, genetic information, religion, sex, or
national origin. We are an E-Verify Employer.*