[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Electrical Engineer position at Soft Robotics Inc.

Sarv Parteek Singh ssingh at softroboticsinc.com
Fri Jan 15 08:00:53 PST 2016

Soft Robotics Inc. (www.softroboticsinc.com) is an early-stage,
venture-backed startup enabling new markets in automation through its
proprietary technology. Soft Robotics’ technology brings a new level of
adaptability and agility to traditional industrial and emerging
collaborative robotic systems, opening up new applications in manufacturing
and food handling. We are looking for talented engineers who are excited to
work in a fast-paced startup environment to help develop and commercialize
this fundamentally new technology.

*Job description*

We are seeking an Electrical Engineer to start working full-time
immediately at our headquarters in Cambridge, MA. The role will focus on
the design and support of control hardware and embedded firmware used for
interfacing industrial automation systems with our soft robotic End-of Arm
Tooling.  This position requires experience in developing industrial-grade
electronic boards for electro-pneumatic systems and supporting them
throughout the product life cycle.  Development projects are highly
independent and require the ability to work in a fast paced startup
environment.  Successful candidates will need to be comfortable scoping,
planning, and executing development efforts based on voice of customer and
technical design requirements.

*Responsibilities*

   - Design and prototype development of next-generation soft robotics
   control systems.
   - Sustaining engineering support of the current and future product
   releases.
   - Willingness to travel up to 15%

*Qualifications*

   - B.S. (M.S. preferred) in Electrical Engineering or related field.
   - 5+ years working experience in electrical circuit design, fabrication,
   and testing.
   - Demonstrated experience in design for industrial environments,
   preferably on projects which have performed UL/CE certification and/or ISO
   risk assessments on the overall product.
   - Strong focus in design of embedded systems.
   - Strong time management and organizational skills.
   - Experience in signal processing, analog circuit design, and control
   theory preferred
   - Experience in pneumatic and industrial control systems/logic preferred

*How to apply*

Please email your resume and portfolio with relevant work samples to
Jobs at softroboticsinc.com and include in the subject “*[Ref:1009]*”.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the United States.

       S*oft Robotics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate against age, color, genetic information, religion, sex, or
national origin. We are an E-Verify Employer*