[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Senior Computer Vision Engineer ­- 2D / 3D Image Segmentation & Machine Learning (Boston) - Essess Inc.

Jan Falkowski jan.falkowski at essess.com
Fri Jan 15 11:58:50 PST 2016

We're hiring at Essess (www.essess.com) for a Senior 2D/3D Computer
Vision Engineer. Our tech-stack utilizes a number of integrated robotic
sensor technologies and software tools, and we've got some very
experienced roboticists leading our technical team. Please take a look
at the job posting below as well or on our website:

http://www.essess.com/about/careers/

Inquiries should be sent to [jobs at essess dot com]

Thanks,

Jan Falkowski
Chief Technology Officer
www.essess.com
51 Melcher Street, 7th Floor, Boston, MA 02210

Senior Computer Vision Engineer - 2D / 3D Image Segmentation & Machine
Learning (Boston)

Brief Description:

Essess (www.essess.com) is seeking a motivated Computer Vision and
Machine Learning Engineer to be key part of our fast-paced product
development team.  The Senior Computer Vision Engineer will design and
build systems capable of identifying building, utility, and transit
infrastructure assets from large data sets of high-resolution 2D imaging
and 3D point cloud data.

The ideal candidate will have expertise or experience in 2D image
processing and computer vision, 3D point cloud data, machine learning,
and will bring an analytical approach to solving complex real-world
problems.

Full Description:

Essess is the leader in thermal mobile data acquisition across the
building, navigation, and utility infrastructure sectors.  Our
combination of multispectral imaging and 3D sensing allows for data
collection and analysis capabilities entirely unique within the field of
mobile mapping.  We deploy the leading machine vision and learning
techniques to automatically process, identify and analyze objects for
applications across building efficiency, city and utility
infrastructure, oil & gas assets, road network mapping, and nighttime
navigation.

Essess’ flagship Thermal Analysis Program delivers high-throughput,
actionable, home thermal analyses without the need for on-site visits,
thus providing a meaningful solution to reduce energy costs and address
climate change.

You will:

- Design and implement computer vision systems to characterize and
classify building, utility and transport infrastructure assets using
thermal, night-vision and 3D point cloud data
- Characterize algorithm performance with real-world data gathered from
field trials
- Support production deployment of computer vision algorithms over
city-scale data sets
- Take ownership for whole components of product development
- Work with a small team in a fast-paced environment focused on the
development and productization of algorithms for real-world applications

Job requirements:

- 5+ yr experience developing computer vision solutions for object
recognition, segmentation, tracking using both machine learning and
model-based approaches
- 3+ yr Python (preferred) or C++ development experience
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a
related field
- Strong analytical and mathematical ability working in 2D/3D problem spaces
- Good interpersonal skills, oral/written communication and idea
presentation
- Linux, scripting, and version control experience

Additional desired skills:

- OpenCV, PIL, Point Cloud Library (pcl), NumPy or similar library
experience
- Experience with supervised and unsupervised feature-based
classification and regression techniques
- Experience developing and tuning CNN solutions
- 3D point cloud data algorithm development
- Robot Operating System (ROS) and/or experience with computer vision
for robotic applications
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and Amazon Mechanical Turk
- Database programming experience
- SLAM or pose estimation algorithm experience
- GIS or mapping experience

What's in it for you?

- A great opportunity to work with a technology team defining new
markets in the growing domain of energy optimization
- Tremendous growth opportunity; competitive compensation package
including base salary, stock and benefits

Please send your resume to [jobs at essess.com]. If you have a code
repository or portfolio of your work, please include the link in your
submission. No recruiters please.