[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Doctoral Research / PostDoctoral Position at the University of Freiburg, Germany

Wolfram Burgard burgard at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Jan 15 16:48:34 PST 2016

The Autonomous Intelligent System Laboratory of the University of Freiburg, located in the beautiful city of Freiburg in Germany, has open PhD positions for researchers to work on soft robotics and robot navigation. Outstanding experts in the research fields of Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM), long term navigation, deep learning, computer vision, object detection and tracking, motion planning, aerial robotics, brain machine interfaces and many more work in our lab.

In the project, we have in prospect for you, you will have the opportunity to work on a robotic prototype in joint work with a sales partner of KUKA. This prototype is supposed to perform delivery and load support tasks in a busy indoor environment. In this full-time job you will face challenging problems and try to enhance the state of the art in the fields of computer vision, human detection and tracking, motion planning and soft robotics.  We look for motivated people with strong software development skills and a strong interest in to get a system really to work.

We require:
- Master of Science in robotics, computer vision, machine learning, informatics or a related field
- Strong software development skills in C++ over several years
- Experiences in Robot Operating System (ROS), Python and MATLAB
- German language knowledge is not required but helpful
- Recorded experiences with real-world robotic systems
- Motivation to solve challenging applied theoretical robotics problems and to apply them on a real-world system
- Experience in computer vision, object detection and tracking, deep learning, reinforcement learning, sensor fusion, motion planning and with RGBD-cameras and laser scanners underline your application

We offer full time PhD positions (collective agreement TVL E-13).

You can receive more information about us and what we are doing from:

http://ais.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/

Please send your application including your experience, relevant background and motivation in one pdf file to: ais-applications at informatik.uni-freiburg.de.