[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] 4 Year Lecturer Position at QUT Across Robotics, Neuroscience and Computer Vision - second and final call for applications
michael.milford at qut.edu.au
Tue Jan 19 21:43:05 PST 2016
We have a 4 year Lecturer Position available at QUT to work closely with my research group at the boundary between robotics, neuroscience and computer vision, developing Frankenstein models of visual and spatial intelligence that combine the best performing and best understood parts of human, animal and insect brains.
Here's the ad: http://tinyurl.com/nzdujv3
Some of the highlights:
- You'll get to push the boundaries of our understanding of the brain and how we can model it to create new technologies and capabilities for robotics and AI
- Minimize that start-up lag: you'll land in the middle of a large research group and have the opportunity to immediately get involved in the supervision of several PhD students working in the area - in fact, your ability to effectively lead and supervise PhD students is critical to this role
- Tap into collaborations with some of the world's top roboticists, neuroscientists and computer vision researchers at leading international institutions including David Cox at Harvard University, Michael Hasselmo at Boston University, Andrew Davison at Imperial College London, Barbara Webb at Edinburgh University and many more.
- Get access to top local researchers and major projects including the $19,000,000 Australian Centre for Robotic Vision, the $676,000 project this position is associated with, as well as multiple other projects including a $3,000,000 Strategic Investment in Farm Robotics.
- You'll have the opportunity to teach into some of the most fun, engaging and fulfilling robotics-related units at our university. Videos of some of the units we teach can be found at https://youtu.be/FBEINbpovBE and https://youtu.be/_2mp98Sk6fQ.
- Work in the heart of Brisbane, a modern bustling city of 2 million people, located near to amazing beaches and vast swathes of untouched wilderness. If you love hiking / running / cycling / swimming / surfing / parasailing, you can find it here. Catch a short flight and you're on the Great Barrier Reef or in the Barossa Valley.
- Be immersed in a large, very successful and sociable robotics group of more than a hundred academics, postdocs and students, in a brand new building space.
Here's the ad again: http://tinyurl.com/nzdujv3
Michael Milford | Associate Professor | ARC Future Fellow | Microsoft Faculty Fellow | Chief Investigator, Australian Centre for Robotic Vision Australian Centre for Robotic Vision | Electrical Engineering and Computer Science School
More information about the robotics-worldwide