[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Full Time at Intuitive Surgical in Sunnyvale, CA
James.Zhang at intusurg.com
Tue Jan 26 11:08:21 PST 2016
Intuitive Surgical, the global leader in surgical robots, has a full time position in its Sunnyvale, CA headquarter - Sr. Systems Analyst (Sr. Control Engineer). Enclosed is the job description. If you have the matching qualifications, send me your resume and links of related projects at James.Zhang at IntuSurg.com. Please start your email subject with "Full Time".
Primary Function of Position:
Intuitive Surgical, Inc. produces the da Vinci(r) Surgical System, a minimally invasive robotic surgery system that uses proprietary software control, advanced mechanics, and enhanced visualization to extend surgical technique and precision beyond the limits of the human hand. Systems Analysts perform a vital and wide-ranging role in Intuitive's product development. They are primarily responsible for generating, debugging and tuning the algorithms associated with Intuitive Surgical products. They provide analytic assistance to other engineering groups, such as modal analysis of new mechanisms or communications protocol design for new electrical hardware. Their role in user interface design requires a detailed familiarity with clinical issues and an ability to perceive products from a customer's perspective. The Sr. Systems Analyst will investigate and resolve design issues that impact the performance of systems in the field or design issues related to the manufacturing process. The successful candidate will have both the technical depth to resolve complex control algorithm issues and the ability to work in an interdisciplinary team to troubleshoot higher level system issues. A strong sense of shared responsibility and shared reward is required as well as a commitment to high product quality.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Resolve design issues related to instrument or robot mechanics, electro-mechanical controls, and software.
- Investigate and determine root cause of both latent and emerging defects in the existing population of deployed systems
- Tasks are related to issues found in the field or Manufacturing that require engineering investigation and redesign, including formal design verification testing
* Work in cross-functional teams to ensure all issues related to a design change are understood in advance of implementation
* Develop, implement, test and document solutions for issues according to corporate standard and departmental operating procedures
This position represents a core competitive capability for Intuitive.
Specific requirements for the position are:
* MS or Doctorate in CS, EE, ME, or similar, and at least 5 years industrial experience
* Strong educational emphasis on control theory and practice
* Expertise in the modeling and compensation for
- Time delay
- Drive-train friction losses
- Mechanical hysteresis and back-lash
- Non-co-located sensors and actuators
* Demonstration of a rigorous experimental methodology
* Expertise in the practical implementation of tele-robotic systems, (e.g.
experience with real time control systems, multi-tasking, embedded operating systems, etc.)
* An interest in the medical applications of haptics, robotics and machine vision
* Strong ability to isolate and debug mechanical, embedded hardware and software problems
* Ability to communicate effectively across all levels and organizations
* Ability to build and maintain relationships across supported organizations
* Excellent communication (written, oral), presentation and documentation skills
* Comfortable with all phases of the product development lifecycle including design, implementation, debug, verification, qualification, and transfer
* Experience with designing in an FDA or other regulated industry or for mission critical applications is desired; comfort with concepts of design input, design output, traceability, and risk analysis
* A real excitement to learn and get to the bottom of tough technical problems
* A passion for creating robust and reliable products
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer
James Zhang, PhD
Intuitive Surgical, Inc.
1266 Kifer Road, Sunnyvale, CA 94086
Email: James.Zhang at IntuSurg.com
More information about the robotics-worldwide