[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Robotics Internships at GE Global Research Center, Niskayuna NY
Sen, Shiraj (GE Global Research)
Shiraj.Sen at ge.com
Thu Jan 28 16:12:59 PST 2016
GE's Global Research Robotics Group at Niskayuna, NY is looking for highly motivated interns with a proven ability to solve robotics problems for real-world, industrial environments. The ideal candidate possesses a broad experience in working with small unmanned aerial systems (sUAS). You will be joining a cross-disciplinary team of vision, controls, analytics, and mechatronics engineers working together to solve difficult industrial research problems. You'll apply your theoretical knowledge to real-life technical problems, and develop your skills in a cutting edge global environment.
Potential Focus Areas:
1. State-of-the-art robot mapping and localization (SLAM) algorithms for sUAS in industrial environments.
2. Real-time obstacle avoidance and flight planning algorithms for industrial environments.
3. Shared autonomy between operator and sUAS.
4. Intuitive interfaces for remote control of robots.
1. Must be a graduate or PhD student enrolled in an accredited college or university.
2. Must have established strong academic performance with research orientation (3.4/4.0 cumulative GPA or better) at the graduate level.
3. Experience in C/C++, ROS, OpenCV in a continuous integration and unit testing environment.
4. Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
1. Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
2. Excellent communication skills.
3. Research experience in 3D vision, SLAM, machine learning, deep learning, path planning, and controls.
4. Prior publications in reputed conferences/journals are a plus.
Please mail your applications with the completed CV, a cover letter describing research interests, and dates of availability to Shiraj Sen (shiraj.sen at ge.com<mailto:shiraj.sen at ge.com>) and/or Mauricio Castillo-Effen (castillo at ge.com<mailto:castillo at ge.com>).
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Shiraj Sen, Ph.D.
Distributed Intelligent Systems Laboratory,
GE Global Research
One Research Circle,
Niskayuna, NY 12309
Phone : (518) 387-6966
Email : shiraj.sen at ge.com
More information about the robotics-worldwide