[robotics-worldwide] [software] 1 Year, 1000km: Oxford RobotCar Dataset now available

Will Maddern wm at robots.ox.ac.uk
Tue Nov 1 06:01:54 PDT 2016

Dear Researchers,

We are pleased to announce the 23TB Oxford RobotCar Dataset is now
available for download! We believe this is the largest autonomous driving
research dataset released to date:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__robotcar-2Ddataset.robots.ox.ac.uk_&d=DgIBaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=3qE4NN24Cn2qwdezkbUF_6ITIMGfgysEs4-PM6qnKrk&s=aOmWlN9e9J_SCmpTW67vo3rVjAV9Xlyw2ssPURH4Dao&e=

>From mid-2014 to late 2015 we traversed a 10km route through central Oxford
(UK) twice a week on average in the Oxford RobotCar platform, an autonomous
Nissan LEAF. This resulted in over 1000km and 23TB of recorded driving with
over 20 million images collected from 6 cameras mounted to the vehicle,
along with LIDAR, GPS and INS ground truth. Data was collected in all
weather conditions, including heavy rain, night, direct sunlight and snow,
and road and building works over the period of a year significantly changed
sections of the route from the beginning to the end of data collection. By
frequently traversing the same route over the period of a year we enable
research investigating long-term localisation and mapping for autonomous
vehicles in real-world, dynamic urban environments.

The dataset is described in the following paper:

W. Maddern, G. Pascoe, C. Linegar and P. Newman, "1 Year, 1000km: The Oxford
RobotCar Dataset," *The International Journal of Robotics Research* (*IJRR*),
to appear [PDF
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__robotcar-2Ddataset.robots.ox.ac.uk_images_robotcar-5Fijrr.pdf&d=DgIBaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=3qE4NN24Cn2qwdezkbUF_6ITIMGfgysEs4-PM6qnKrk&s=x1ihX9_z4aWemi8fv_bYHfLMCvS-h_oWlX0MQHGll0k&e= >].

We are releasing the data under a permissive CC-BY-NC-SA-4.0 non-commercial
licence to encourage academic research into autonomous driving. The data
consists of plain text, binary files and PNG formatted images for
compatibility. Along with the raw sensor data, we provide a full set of
intrinsic and extrinsic sensor calibrations as well as MATLAB tools for
accessing and manipulating the raw data:

Documentation: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__robotcar-2Ddataset.robots.ox.ac.uk_documentation_&d=DgIBaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=3qE4NN24Cn2qwdezkbUF_6ITIMGfgysEs4-PM6qnKrk&s=Fuv1vzRob8dXMkFOHmRBjwzxkdFFCa4im8zoPz244Ps&e=
Development Kit: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_oxford-2Dori_robotcar-2Ddataset-2Dsdk_&d=DgIBaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=3qE4NN24Cn2qwdezkbUF_6ITIMGfgysEs4-PM6qnKrk&s=O772cFoVoC3UwxuZoB7tZZ8h3KQQdNKeejRXdJkIaDY&e=

As the total size of all the datasets exceeds 20TB, for academic
institutions with many researchers interested in the full dataset please
contact us to discuss bulk transfer of the files.

Happy downloading!

Will Maddern, Geoffrey Pascoe, Chris Linegar and Paul Newman

Oxford Robotics Institute
The University of Oxford
Parks Rd Oxford OX1 3PJ
United Kingdom