[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Two PhD student positions at Curtin University

Lei Cui lei.cui at curtin.edu.au
Mon Nov 7 23:07:11 PST 2016

Subject: Two PhD student positions at Curtin University

The Biorobotics Research Lab at Curtin University focuses on the development of rehabilitation and assistive robotics, sensing technologies, and autonomous mobile manipulation. We explore engineering solutions to real-world problems. We actively apply a cross-disciplinary approach, including biomimicry design, mechanism analysis and synthesis, system engineering, biomechanics, and neurophysiology.

The Biorobotics Research Lab has vacancies for two PhD student positions, which are part of a 3-year project on dexterous manipulation. In this project, we will conduct a detailed investigation of autonomous mobile manipulation and rolling-based in-hand manipulation.

We seek applications from individuals with a profound interest in autonomous manipulation. Candidates should hold an MSc degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline. One position requires experience in ROS-based autonomous navigation and manipulation; the other position requires applicable knowledge in differential geometry. We expect good writing and conversation skills in English. Since you will be working in a collaborative project, good team skills are also required.

Qualified candidates are invited to express their interests through an email with detailed supporting documents (including CV, objective, education background, experiences, GPA, representative publications, demo robots, and skills) to:

Lei Cui
Head of Biorobotics Research Lab
ARC DECRA Fellow
Senior Lecturer | Department of Mechanical Engineering
Email | lei.cui at curtin.edu.au<mailto:lei.cui at curtin.edu.au>
Homepage | www.curtin.edu/biorobotics<http://www.curtin.edu/biorobotics>
Curtin University