[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Postdoctoral Fellow, Northwestern University and the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
brenna d. argall
brenna.argall at northwestern.edu
Tue Nov 15 06:09:00 PST 2016
Job opening: Postdoctoral Fellow, Northwestern University and
Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
The assistive & rehabilitation robotics laboratory (argallab) at
Northwestern University and the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
invites applications for a Postdoctoral Fellow position. Our lab's
research lies at the intersection of autonomous robots, machine learning
and human rehabilitation. Our focus is on adding autonomy to assistive
machines and we work with a range of hardware platforms, from smart
wheelchairs to assistive robotic arms. We also are uniquely positioned
as an autonomous robotics group housed within the #1 rehabilitation
hospital in the United States. For more information, please visit:
* PhD degree in Robotics, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering or
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Proficiency in the development of robot control paradigms and
higher-level behaviors, where development includes both writing code
(C++, ROS, python) and its implementation on real hardware.
* Proficiency in debugging software and hardware systems.
* Creativity and independence in the identification of research problems
and approaches to solving them.
* Expertise in ROS and/or machine learning.
* Experience with subject studies.
Applications: Electronic only. Please email your CV and letter of intent
(2-page limit) to the lab director, Prof. Brenna Argall, at this email
address and with the subject line "Postdoc Application: Shared
Autonomy". Promising applicants will be asked to follow up with letters
More information about the robotics-worldwide