[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Postdoc position in UAV-based Wildlife Radio Telemetry - Northern Arizona University
Michael W Shafer
Michael.Shafer at nau.edu
Thu Nov 17 16:11:36 PST 2016
Post-doctoral Researcher Position - Northern Arizona University
Northern Arizona University invites applications for a two-year post-doctoral research position to develop advanced capability UAV-mounted wireless telemetry systems to locate, track, and obtain data from low-power radio telemetry tags mounted to wildlife as part of a National Science Foundation research project (NSF Award #1556417). The researcher will develop new UAV-based methods to acquire, process and integrate radio telemetry data with the goal of dramatically improve wildlife data collection methods, including detection, localization, identification, and wireless communication. The successful applicant will join an interdisciplinary team (including electrical and mechanical engineers and wildlife biologists) developing intelligent, aerial cyber-physical systems.
Earned PhD in or other doctoral-level research degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related field from an accredited research institution.
PhD conferred no earlier than August 31, 2013
* Record of publication in peer-reviewed literature
* Record of research funding
* Skill and experience in radio-frequency (RF) system design/development
* Skill and experience in digital and multi-dimensional signal processing
* Skill and experience in bio-telemetry systems development
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
* Knowledge of radio systems design, including circuit design
* Knowledge of radio antenna theory and design
* Ability to program in C and Matlab/Simulink
* Skills in embedded systems design
* Skills in digital systems design
* Knowledge of theory of feedback control systems/trajectory planning
* Experience in controls development for unmanned aerial vehicles
* Skill and experience in multivariable optimization
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
* Ability to work collaboratively with faculty, staff and students from a variety of cultural backgrounds.
Search for job number 602866 at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__nau.edu_Human-2DResources_Careers_Staff-2DWelcome-2DPage_&d=DgIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=Tt28mM8Xym6--9Cb0U-LH6vMhXFAlCgyeTEAWxaIIug&s=MuiG6wxvqPT-dQupXAaUA6pAxdJJf-fCoP76aMNLtbc&e=
Applications will be considered until December 5, 2016.
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
About Northern Arizona University:
Northern Arizona University is a 30,000-student institution with its main campus in Flagstaff, a four-season community of about 70,000 at the base of the majestic San Francisco Peaks.
For more information, please contact:
Paul Flikkema, School of Informatics, Computing, and Cyber Systems: paul.flikkema[at]nau.edu<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__nau.edu&d=DgIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=Tt28mM8Xym6--9Cb0U-LH6vMhXFAlCgyeTEAWxaIIug&s=v8-rz2t1A9WABlbaveiKTwV-dVcxwiTyMGn5vU1lyds&e= >
Michael Shafer, Department of Mechanical Engineering: michael.shafer[at]nau.edu<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__nau.edu&d=DgIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=Tt28mM8Xym6--9Cb0U-LH6vMhXFAlCgyeTEAWxaIIug&s=v8-rz2t1A9WABlbaveiKTwV-dVcxwiTyMGn5vU1lyds&e= >
More information about the robotics-worldwide