[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Post-Doc Position available at LAAS CNRS in Human-Robot Interaction
Rachid.Alami at laas.fr
Wed Nov 23 05:15:02 PST 2016
A One year (re-newable) Post-Doc opportunity is now available, working
with Dr. Rachid Alami (LAAS, Toulouse, France) in decisional issues
for Human-Robot Interaction.
The applicant will contribute to the developement and evaluation of a
control architecture for a robot that is able to collaborate with or
One main source of inspiration is the human-human joint action, a
a topic of intense research in cognitive psychology and philosophy.
Several collaborative projects will be used as context for the
In addition to a passion for robotics, programming, you
should be open to extend your thinking to the issues linked to
Human-Robot Interaction and the associated topics of acceptability and
predictability of robot behaviour.
- PhD in Computer Science, Robotics, AI or closely related fields
- Excellent academic track record with publications
- Very good English skills, written and spoken
- Strong background in one of the following: AI, Algorithmics, Planning
- Strong C++ skills, Python
- Skill to analyze and improve algorithms
- Ability to work as a teammate with other researchers
Familiarity with tools such as ROS, and Git is a must.
Starting Date: February 2017 but later starts are also possible.
Application deadline: The evaluation of the candidates starts
immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Apply by email to Rachid.Alami at laas.fr:
1. Letter of motivation
2. Your full CV (Nationality, Date of Birth, English level, scientific publications);
3 List of at least 3 references
4; Recommendations Letters
More information about the robotics-worldwide