[robotics-worldwide] [news] UJI MOOC Course on Autonomous Mobile Robots
Enric Cervera Mateu
ecervera at uji.es
Mon Nov 28 13:48:55 PST 2016
[Apologies for cross-posting]
Free registration is open for the UJI MOOC Course on Autonomous Mobile
This is an introductory course addressed to undergraduates and hobbyists
interested in programming mobile robots to perform tasks in realistic
Throughout the course, practical exercises will be developed with 3D
simulations in the cloud with https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.theconstructsim.com_&d=DgIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=gDsbRXiMQUKXVkctcwuXIDAlhYIJp_ZDf3gCbvmc3zU&s=afAJ4Ws_9YWtLGnoS2yheH_eeKQNNpj3xp5cbueDO0c&e= , so you do
not need to install any software in your computer or tablet.
The course will start on February 6th 2017, lasting for 6 weeks, with an
estimated average workload of 6 hours/week.
Basic concepts of physics, geometry, and programming (preferably Python)
We hope you enjoy this course.
1. Motion: motors and encoders, differential drive
2. Perception: ultrasonic sensors, obstacle avoidance
3. Vision: image processing, line following
4. Manipulation: object detection, gripping
5. Project - Ball Picking Challenge 1: Navigation
6. Project - Ball Picking Challenge 2: Manipulation
More information about the robotics-worldwide