[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Robotics Engineer @ Aptonomy

Mihail Pivtoraiko mihail at aptonomy.com
Mon Nov 28 15:01:08 PST 2016

Aptonomy, Inc. is a venture-backed Y Combinator startup. We are
developing self-flying security drones that patrol outdoor property and
prevent crime. By leveraging drone technology, we leave the most dirty,
dull and dangerous parts of surveillance patrol and alarm response to
the machines, while humans watch over them from the safe distance. Our
ground-breaking technology was recently covered by MIT Tech Review,
TechCrunch, Yahoo Tech and others.

We are hiring! We have an opening for a Robotics Engineer (San Francisco
Bay Area) with interest in unmanned aerial systems.

Minimum Qualifications:
- Education and experience in Robotics, Mechatronics, Embedded Software
Engineering or Computer Science,
- Strong programming skills (C++, Python),
- Hands-on experience building and testing complete robotics systems,
- Experience in robotics field testing (outdoors experience is a plus).

Preferred Qualifications:
- Proficiency in algorithms and data structures,
- Experience in computer vision applied to robotics, vision-based
navigation such as visual odometry, structure from motion and
simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM),
- Bonus: drone piloting skills.

Come join us in making the world a better – and a safer – place.

Learn more at aptonomy.com.