[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Faculty position at the Ohio State University

Srinivasan, Manoj srinivasan.88 at osu.edu
Wed Oct 5 11:07:02 PDT 2016

Dear Robotics Colleagues:

The Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at the Ohio State University invites applications for a tenure track faculty position in robotics. The anticipated start date is August 2017, but the search will continue until the position is filled. The successful candidate may also have a minor appointment in the Electrical and Computer Engineering department.

This search will consider faculty candidates having the interest and expertise to develop a strong research program in a promising area of robotics, including, but not limited to the design and control of bio-inspired or bio-compatible robots, soft robots, versatile and agile robots in manufacturing or space exploration contexts, origami-based engineering, novel processes for robot fabrication, human-robot interaction, robot perception and sensing, smart materials and high performance actuators, medical robots, micro-robots, and service robots. Though candidates are primarily sought at the assistant professor level, exceptionally qualified applicants at the associate professor level may be considered.

Qualifications:

An earned doctorate in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or an appropriate related field is required. We seek candidates with demonstrated ability to conduct research at the highest level, and with a commitment to outstanding teaching and mentoring of students. The successful candidate will be expected to attract funding to develop and sustain active sponsored research programs, teach core undergraduate and/or graduate courses, and develop new courses related to their research expertise. Screening of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.  Interested candidates should upload complete curriculum vitae, separate 2-3 page statements of research and teaching goals, and the names and postal/email addresses of four references electronically at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__mae.osu.edu_employment&d=DQIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=8AYvKh7OUGgGaNsUwXotbtIz5FCEp6VUlRRd8AXyRWs&s=TbyEGI87ugRrdpjeuVC6RupVsEpzF2Ffq_TRATgcN0U&e=   _____________________________________________________________________________

The Ohio State University is committed to establishing a culturally and intellectually diverse environment, encouraging all members of our learning community to reach their full potential. We are responsive to dual-career families and strongly promote work-life balance to support our community members through a suite of institutionalized policies. We are an NSF ADVANCE Institution and a member of the Ohio/Western Pennsylvania/West Virginia Higher Education Recruitment Consortium.

Best regards,
Manoj

Manoj Srinivasan . Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering . Ohio State University
srinivasan.88 at osu.edu .  https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__movement.osu.edu&d=DQIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=8AYvKh7OUGgGaNsUwXotbtIz5FCEp6VUlRRd8AXyRWs&s=kCLOApNxeX967wLkJhMqO7setryX3JFzdQGDwrveT90&e=
Office & Lab: W296A and W197 Scott Lab, 201 W. 19th Ave., Columbus, OH 43210