[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Engineer 3 years for a new humanoid development
kheddar at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 02:42:24 PDT 2016
Engineer staff in Robotics Opening
We are opening a 3-years position for a robotic engineer to work on:
1. The development and maintenance of software for the control of a new
humanoid robot, and for the existing robotic platforms (HRP-2Kai and HRP-4),
2. The testing of hardware during the conception of the new robot,
3. The development of research software prototypes, and more generally
the support in developing the research software to be used on the robots.
The engineer will be in charge of the following tasks:
- Maintaining the control architecture and the middleware, so that the
actual platforms are always up-to-date and the software can work readily
on the new robot,
- Performing hardware upgrade when new options are available (new
embedded GPU, low-cost RGBD cameras, tactile sensors, and more generally
- Consulting with the research team to build and settle experimental
- Monitoring the technological evolutions regarding software and
hardware for humanoid robots,
- Enforcing the security rules for real experimentations.
- Screen new technologies that can benefit to Humanoid hardware and
The main role of the candidate will be to supervise the research software
developments and to package them into modules contributing to make humanoid
robotics a solution to large-scale industrial manufacturing and home
automation. A second important activity will be to supervise the software
developments for the new robot. To this end, the candidate will propose
precise development guidelines to help software integration.
- Very good skills in programming and integration in C++ and python,
- Good knowledge of development tool-chain and of development management
tools (git, cmake, continuous integration, etc.)
- Knowledge of classical robotics middleware (e.g. ROS) and real-time
- Good oral and written level in English, especially in technical
- Knowledge in robotics and low-level drivers programming.
CNRS-AIST Joint Robotics Laboratory, UMIR3218/RL
AIST Central 1, 1-1-1 Umezono, 305-8560, Tsukuba, Japan.
Send your CV and motivation letter to
Abderrahmane Kheddar, CNRS-AIST Joint Robotics Laboratory, Tsukuba, Japan
kheddar at gmail.com
Fumio Kanehiro, AIST-IS Humanoid Research Group, Tsukuba, Japan
f-kanehiro at aist.go.jp
An interview will be conducted for each profile fitting the requirement.
Salary is depending on the experience.
Director CNRS-AIST JRL, UMI3218/CRT, Japan
GL Interactive Digital Human, CNRS-LIRMM, France
View this message in context: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__robotics-2Dworldwide.1046236.n5.nabble.com_robotics-2Dworldwide-2Djobs-2DEngineer-2D3-2Dyears-2Dfor-2Da-2Dnew-2Dhumanoid-2Ddevelopment-2Dtp5714824.html&d=DQICAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=ayBoD5LP4tG2lIGmz0H1actQ2eJR48ZVBVHo_sgRlVM&s=8W4FGUeVB0I2EWn-tiE2gFXyPaTMZbhhf0Vl7bsG55I&e=
Sent from the robotics-worldwide mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the robotics-worldwide