[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Faculty position in Nanofabrication and Soft Robotics

Sean Andersson sbanderss at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 13:22:50 PDT 2016

The Boston University Department of Mechanical Engineering anticipates an open position in Nanofabrication and Soft Robotics. While the ideal candidate will pursue a research program at the intersection of nanofabrication and soft robotics, exceptional candidates that study either soft robotics or nanofabrication will also be considered.

The Mech E department is collaborative and multi-disciplinary with strong expertise in systems and control, biomechanics, MEMs/NEMs, nanofluidics, advanced materials, and nanomedicine.  The department is further strengthened by its affiliation with the Division of Systems Engineering and the Division of Materials Science and Engineering.  The College of Engineering is ranked 35th in the nation by US News and World Report, having improved its ranking more than any other Engineering school in the country that was ranked in the top 54 ten years ago.

Leading Assistant Professor tenure-track candidates would hold a PhD in Mechanical Engineering or a related field of engineering or applied science, have postdoctoral experience, and show potential for leading an independent and vibrant research program. BU also places high value on excellence in teaching.

Boston University is an AAU institution with a rich tradition dedicated to inclusion and social justice. We are proud that we were the first American university to award a Ph.D. to a woman and that Martin Luther King Jr. received his Ph.D. here. The College of Engineering includes diversity as one of five strategic goals. We are dedicated to increasing the participation of all talented students and are committed to the pursuit of engineering by underrepresented groups at BU and beyond. For more information, please visit https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.bu.edu_eng_departments_me_&d=DQIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=L6BqIQKYPlW-uHtR0Gg8D2Nvtvba1aeFTLjuicFet_E&s=OAmLKHm2bKwysYe762vi4ISezKEyF58_91uoXDPNPlc&e=  <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.bu.edu_eng_departments_me_&d=DQIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=L6BqIQKYPlW-uHtR0Gg8D2Nvtvba1aeFTLjuicFet_E&s=OAmLKHm2bKwysYe762vi4ISezKEyF58_91uoXDPNPlc&e= >.

Applicants should submit a brief letter of interest, statement of accomplishments and plans, a current CV and contact information for three references to the appropriate link below. For full consideration, applicants should upload materials before November 15, 2016.
Junior Nanofabrication-Soft Robotics: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__academicjobsonline.org_ajo_jobs_7994&d=DQIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=L6BqIQKYPlW-uHtR0Gg8D2Nvtvba1aeFTLjuicFet_E&s=5i09n2V5ShUEbb_w4iJkhJ0f3H5iVtdKkab6eskTBfA&e=  <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__academicjobsonline.org_ajo_jobs_7994&d=DQIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=L6BqIQKYPlW-uHtR0Gg8D2Nvtvba1aeFTLjuicFet_E&s=5i09n2V5ShUEbb_w4iJkhJ0f3H5iVtdKkab6eskTBfA&e= >

Boston University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.