[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Senior Computer Vision Engineer - PTC Vuforia Vienna
jkrauthoff at ptc.com
Fri Oct 14 01:25:25 PDT 2016
Senior Computer Vision Engineer (f/m)
PTC, Vienna, Austria
Are you passionate about augmented reality and virtual reality? Do you have what it takes to work with the best and brightest minds in the world? Do you get excited about solving hard problems? If so, we want to meet you.
We are a hard working team within PTC that is ushering in the era of augmented reality. By making AR extremely easy for developers, Vuforia has become the world's leading augmented reality software platform. The Vuforia ecosystem now includes more than 200,000 developers who have developed more than 25,000 applications for phones, tablets, VR Viewers, and a whole new generation of digital eyewear. They are building new experiences that change the way we learn, play, shop and work.
Join Vuforia's development team in Vienna, Austria, to contribute to the development of cutting-edge Computer Vision and Augmented Reality technology. Interact closely with computer vision engineers, software developers and test engineers in a world-class AR team. Enjoy life in the city with the best living standard in the world (Mercer 2015 Quality of Living Survey).
* Be part of a team developing mobile Augmented Reality enabling technology
* Investigate and develop new algorithms and features
* Design state-of-the-art creation pipelines for Augmented Reality applications
Go to www.youtube.com/user/vuforia<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.youtube.com_user_vuforia&d=DQIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=_LUNQoBUTSaRn-pp3D41LKeimRnZgV2CVVQArv4YXs0&s=DLGyyMcytaQJMk0hOgjgZxlCVwu1OK4n9yMNWirmYGk&e= > to see Vuforia features in action.
* In-depth understanding in at least one of the following skills:
o Robust real-time 6 DoF tracking algorithms such as SLAM, VIO and model-based tracking
o 3D reconstruction from camera images and depth sensors
o Machine learning methods for object detection or reconstruction
o Fusion of multiple sources of information for tracking
* Excellent C++ and object-oriented programming skills demonstrated through relevant industry experience
* Outstanding problem solving skills
* Candidates with experience in the following areas are preferred:
o Algorithms for devices with limited computing power such as mobiles, tablets or digital eyewear
o Deployment of significant computer vision projects in commercial environments
M.S. or PhD (Computer Science, Information Science or Electrical Engineering)
What we offer?
* Work in a world-class development team in a dynamic environment.
* Contribute to leading edge technology with the potential to be deployed in millions of devices
* A fascinating, flexible, and fun work environment
How to apply:
Please contact Julia-Madeleine Krauthoff - jkrauthoff at ptc.com
More information about the robotics-worldwide