[robotics-worldwide] [journals] CFP: Advanced Robotics Special Issue on Advanced Manipulation

Kensuke Harada harada at sys.es.osaka-u.ac.jp
Mon Oct 17 00:57:05 PDT 2016

===========================
CALL FOR PAPERS
===========================

Advanced Robotics Special Issue on "Advanced Manipulation"

Co-Editors: Prof. Kensuke Harada (Osaka University/AIST, Japan)
                        Dr. Maximo Roa (DLR, Germany)
                        Dr. Akihiko Yamaguchi (CMU, USA)

Publication in Vol. 31, No. 23 (December 2017)
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 31 March 2017

   Robotic manipulation has received increased attention in the last years
due to the commercial availability of one and two arm platforms, and to the
increasing interest in robotic applications from companies in various
domains, including logistics and manufacturing. However, since the research
on robotic manipulation has a long history, we can try to investigate the
key technology of robotic manipulation for the future through reviewing the
past. Emphasis of the special issue will be given to "open challenges and
state-of-the-art techniques" and "novel algorithms, theories and their
applications" on robotic manipulation. We expect to receive both original
and review papers on robotic manipulation.   The topic of the special issue
includes, but are not limited to

Manipulation Planning, Multi-fingered Grasping, Grasping Simulation
Visual Feedback in Grasping/Manipulation, Assembly
Machine Learning in Grasping/Manipulation, Force Control
Tactile Sensing in Grasping/Manipulation, Cognitive Approach in
Grasping/Manipulation
Factory Automation by using Grasping/Manipulation Technology

Submission: The full-length manuscript (either PDF file or MS word file)
should be sent by March 31, 2017 to the office of Advanced Robotics, the
Robotics Society of Japan through the homepage of Advanced Robotics (
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.rsj.or.jp_AR_submission&d=DQIBaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=IxZOxAsl1SbZXt4I4KWYiStn1Wc7ZDrU3TwjmChofZg&s=ZZayrXjf7YZ3v3RFYTDwDkbj3RQQH6OowxuVPObI7jo&e= ). Sample form of the manuscript as well
as the Instruction for Authors is available at the homepage.

--
Kensuke Harada, Professor
Graduate School of Engineering Science, Osaka University
Tel: +81-6-6850-6380, E-mail: harada at sys.es.osaka-u.ac.jp
Web: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.hlab.sys.es.osaka-2Du.ac.jp_people_harada&d=DQIBaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=IxZOxAsl1SbZXt4I4KWYiStn1Wc7ZDrU3TwjmChofZg&s=LIj1h6GkX4a6wc-UgIGG57F5J59-0gtDHOGEL3k7stE&e=