[robotics-worldwide] [news] Call for Proposals: RoboCup at Home Standard Platform User Teams
komei.sugiura at nict.go.jp
Thu Oct 20 06:06:12 PDT 2016
# Call for Proposals: RoboCup at Home Standard Platform User Teams
The RoboCup Federation selected Toyota Human Support Robot (HSR) and
Softbank Robotics Pepper as the Standard Platforms for RoboCup at Home.
The first competition using these platforms will be held at RoboCup-2017
Nagoya in addition to the established competition, which continues to be
open for any robot platforms.
We invite user teams that plan to participate in RoboCup-2017 Nagoya to
apply for the Standard Platforms.
* Toyota Human Support Robot (HSR)
Up to 12 user teams are selected. The HSR is leased at approximately
100K Japanese yen per month. If the user team participates in
RoboCup-2017 and meets the conditions specified by Toyota, HSR is leased
free of charge for a certain period of time. For detailed conditions,
visit [ https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.robocupathome.org_athome-2Dspl_hsr-5Fconditions01&d=DQICJg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=KhYpVJAQ0OU9r3p9jQeNwJ8HzU_6UlkpUqlUbsFNsrQ&s=CNJ_DTvAIO58titBb95EDQnQZb0oWG9V9xOqfrmG2SA&e= ]
* Softbank Robotics Pepper
The detailed conditions are coming soon on the following website:
## 1. How to obtain a Standard Platform
## 1.1 Proposal submission
Proposals should be sent to the Selection Committee as follows. The
Proposals are evaluated through peer-review process.
To: spl-sc at robocupathome.org
Subject: [@Home-SP] (YourTeamName)
Body: (Please fill in the following basic information)
1. Team Name:
4. Team Leader Name:
5. Contact information (E-mail):
6. Link to a team web site:
7. Proposal as an attachment file
8. Standard Platform: [Choose HSR or Pepper, not both]
### 1.2 Additional notes on Proposals
* The Proposal must be submitted in a pdf format
* The size of the Proposal is limited to _6MB_
* A team can apply for only one platform. If identical Proposals are
submitted to apply for both platforms, they are automatically rejected.
## 2. Deadline for Proposal submissions
Nov. 20, 2016 23:59 PST:
## 3. Instructions for the Website
The information to be placed on the website should include the following:
* Team members
* Description of the approaches and information on scientific
* Relevant publications (last 5 years, preferably with links for
* Relevant photos/videos that show the skills of the team
* Link to repositories with software for the community (optional)
* Previous participation in RoboCup (optional)
## 4. Instructions for the Proposal
The Proposal must be based on the official league Team Description Paper
(TDP) template. It should be in a pdf format and must contain the
* Description of the approach planned to be implemented on the robot
* List of externally available components that are planned to be
- Open source software, web services, etc.
* Innovative technology and scientific contribution
* Focus of research/research interests
* Re-usability of the system for other research groups
* Applicability of the approach in the real world
The Proposal should go into detail about the technical and scientific
approach, but the website should be designed for a broader audience.
The length of the Proposal is limited to 6 pages. Please use the same
Springer LNAI format used in the RoboCup Symposium submissions. No
change in margins, paragraphs and font size are allowed.
You may download the template from
## 5. Evaluation criteria
The Proposals will be judged by the following criteria:
- Clarity, scientific contributions, re-usability by the league,
applicability in real world
- Multimedia, publications from past 5 years, downloadable content,
open-source software and other contributions
* Relevant scientific contribution/publications
- Downloadable papers and open-source software
* Novelty of approach
## 6. Contact
Please send any questions to: spl-sc at robocupathome.org
## 7. Important notes
* The suppliers are not allowed to sell, export, lease and/or ship their
products to natural or legal persons and to entities and countries which
are subject to international sanctions or prohibitions. Since Selection
Committee cannot answer this issue, please ask the supplier directly.
- Toyota HSR: xr-hsr-info at mail.toyota.co.jp
- Softbank Robotics Pepper: salesadmin at aldebaran.com,
supplychain at aldebaran.com, and cc to cleguyader at aldebaran.com
* Being selected as a user team does not mean that the team is qualified
to participate in RoboCup 2017 Nagoya. Team qualification will be
separately conducted in February 2017.
* After selected as a Standard Platform user team, the team has to make
an agreement with the supplier in compliance with the supplier's
Komei Sugiura, Kai Chen, Dirk Holz, Caleb Rascon,
RoboCup at Home Standard Platform League Selection Committee.
More information about the robotics-worldwide