[robotics-worldwide] [news] Amazon Robotics Challenge @ RoboCup 2017!

Durham, Joey josepdur at amazon.com
Tue Oct 25 14:04:17 PDT 2016

Amazon Robotics is pleased to announce that the Amazon Robotics Challenge (ARC), formerly known as the Amazon Picking Challenge, will be held at RoboCup<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.robocup2017.org_eng_index.html&d=DQIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=7ggM8qy6ftYaG5UmfZjmlyTLCKcFynsyiawd78TXUkg&s=-Jyd0ZJIUjZm118ojUCjBWy45aBo2-GdwoPARQjHzn8&e= > in Nagoya, Japan at the end of July, 2017.

Every day, Amazon is able to quickly pick, pack and ship millions of items to customers from a network of fulfillment centers all over the globe. This wouldn't be possible without leveraging cutting-edge advances in technology. However, commercially viable automated picking in unstructured environments still remains a difficult challenge.

In order to spur the advancement of this technology, we are excited to announce the third ARC, which will take place at RoboCup 2017. Our goal for the Challenge is to strengthen the ties between the industrial and academic robotic communities and promote shared and open solutions for unstructured automation.

The 2017 ARC will task entrants with building their own robot hardware and software that can attempt new, enhanced versions of pick and stow tasks. The official rules and application process will be released in early November.

To learn more about the ARC and sign up for email updates, visit our website at:https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.amazonrobotics.com_-23_pickingchallenge&d=DQIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=7ggM8qy6ftYaG5UmfZjmlyTLCKcFynsyiawd78TXUkg&s=i8YaSl9FsNGef-0l20dlCOIA2ajUe8qzdBtHB86fndI&e=