[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Cornell ECE faculty search

Edward Suh suh at ece.cornell.edu
Mon Oct 31 21:35:15 PDT 2016

The School of ECE at Cornell University has tenure-track faculty searches with multiple openings this year. The search covers all ECE areas, but robotics is one of the areas that we are particularly interested in growing. The official search ad is attached at the end.

Please feel free to contact me (suh at csl.cornell.edu<mailto:suh at csl.cornell.edu>) or Jessie Hilliker (jjh348 at cornell.edu<mailto:jjh348 at cornell.edu>) if you have further questions.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.ece.cornell.edu_people_hiring.cfm&d=DgIGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=5GI-Xtw62_juijdwgnmjwm76-Sg6BKEHZWcT65L-jlI&s=9CMVN9FqPvrNnSHZs1C_s5bdOva0T7PudnpxQ41zTUM&e= <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.ece.cornell.edu_people_hiring.cfm&d=DgMGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=w7f65p6uJcqIFRPTcV-vrAP7Y1I9KATDMASiyCl5Rwk&s=OuZTNE3cJlYxxRawvhSNn0rjfal86PLqBFQUdG6YyOI&e=>

--
G. Edward Suh
Associate Professor

—————

The SCHOOL OF ELECTRICAL AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING at CORNELL UNIVERSITY, Ithaca, New York, invites applications for multiple tenure-track Faculty positions in all areas of electrical and computer engineering, including interdisciplinary areas such as robotics, bio-ECE, medical-ECE, and energy.

Applicants must hold a doctorate in an appropriate field by the time their Faculty appointment would begin, must have demonstrated an ability to conduct outstanding research, and must show promise for excellence in teaching. Although we anticipate filling positions at the assistant professor level, applications at all levels will be considered; salary and rank will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.

Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae, a research statement, a teaching statement, three recent publications, and complete contact information for at least three references.  Applications must be submitted on-line at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__academicjobsonline.org_ajo_jobs_8403&d=DgIGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=5GI-Xtw62_juijdwgnmjwm76-Sg6BKEHZWcT65L-jlI&s=oHgfWm0O-LL3GWhglaXxsoPxsmiegrhjEv01ZF6V0lM&e= <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__academicjobsonline.org_ajo_jobs_8403&d=DgMGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=w7f65p6uJcqIFRPTcV-vrAP7Y1I9KATDMASiyCl5Rwk&s=uevHpJiD4DphYgHAaqqSY1LN_1wKKV2F3gCMvmEdjWY&e=>. Review of applications will begin in November 2016, applications received by December 12, 2016, will receive full consideration, but applications will continue to be accepted until all positions are filled.

The School of Electrical and Computer Engineering is especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute, through their research, teaching, and/or service, to the diversity of the academic community and to creating a climate that attracts students of all races, genders and nationalities.  As such, we strongly encourage women and underrepresented minority candidates to apply.

Cornell University seeks to meet the needs of dual career couples, has a Dual Career program, and is a member of the Upstate New York Higher Education Recruitment Consortium to assist with dual career searches.

Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University’s heritage. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.