[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Sr. Vision/SLAM Position at Mayfield Robotics

Kaijen Hsiao kaijen at mayfieldrobotics.com
Thu Sep 1 14:42:51 PDT 2016

At Mayfield Robotics, we’re building an adorable home robot. Our team in
Redwood City, CA is growing quickly, and we need some help getting our
robot designed, built, and shipped.

We are looking for a Senior Machine Vision/SLAM Engineer to help our robot
get around without bumping into things or falling down the stairs. An
abundance of fun and exciting challenges face the brave Engineer
confronting the ever-changing, lego-strewn, pet-inhabited chaos that is our
users’ homes. Our robot has both an RGB camera and a friggin’ laser at your
disposal to identify and interpret places, things, and beings (both human
and fur-kind). Your role will be key to ensuring our robots comply with the
Three Laws, particularly the first one about not harming people.