[robotics-worldwide] [jobs]: Robotics Software Engineer - Engineering Services Inc. (ESI)
catalano at esit.com
Fri Sep 2 10:18:46 PDT 2016
Position: Robotics Software Engineer
Job Type Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Contract ASAP
Company Engineering Services Inc. (ESI)
Location: Toronto, Ontario CANADA
Educational Requirements Bachelor's degree in Computer
Science/Engineering or equivalent
ESI is a recognized leader in the field of Robotics, Automation and
Mechatronics by its innovative design and breakthrough developments
emphasizing modularity, mobility, and advanced software. We work closely
with our customers to provide solutions that support their business to
become more effective by leveraging the positive impacts of advanced
ESI creates highly flexible solutions that can be effectively extended to
meet the requirements of new applications.
ESI's Robotics, Automation and Mechatronics systems are typically turnkey
solutions developed around proprietary technologies, integrated and tailored
to the individual requirements of ESI’s diverse market base for specific
applications and customer requirements.
The technology of ESI spans a wide range of functionality that meets some of
the most demanding operational requirements in various market sectors:
Security, Space Exploration, Medical Surgery, Manufacturing, Laboratory
Automation, Nuclear Plants, Utilities, and others.
* Design, implementation, testing, and documentation of real‐time
software for robotic control (including real‐time control, hardware
including motor drives, transducers, electronic devices interfacing programs
and their API).
* Motion control, including design and implement motion control
programs in torque, position and velocity modes.
Essential skills and experience
* 2+ years of work experience in real‐time embedded software
development or related field.
* Extensive C/C++ programming experience.
* Knowledge of real time operating system RTOS.
* Extensive experience on various communication and field buses such
as RS232, RS485, CAN, CAN open, Ethernet, EtherCat, etc.
* Extensive multiple process and multiple thread programming
* Experience with Micro‐Controller Unit.
* Experience in Industrial Robots and Automation programming.
* Knowledge of software engineering, UML, etc.
* Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
MUST BE A CANADIAN CITIZEN, PERMANENT RESIDENT OR LEGALLY ENTITLED TO WORK
IN CANADA. Qualified and interested individuals please submit your resumes
to info at esit.com with the words Robotics Software Engineer (Robot Arms)
typed in the subject line. No phone calls. Thank you in advance for your
interest in pursuing a career with ESI.
More information about the robotics-worldwide