[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Research Scientist at Intuitive Surgical in Norcross, GA
Anthony.Jarc at intusurg.com
Thu Sep 8 08:49:28 PDT 2016
The Medical Research team at Intuitive Surgical is seeking a passionate and talented Research Scientist to work on state-of-the art algorithms and technologies that will define next generation surgical robots. Please see below for details. If you feel you are a fit and would like to join our energetic team, please send me an email to <anthony.jarc at intusurg.com<mailto:anthony.jarc at intusurg.com>> with the job number 161061 in the subject line!
Primary Function of Position:
Contribute broadly to the Medical Research team, responsible for advanced analytics and new technology development focused on surgical workflow and performance for next generation robotic surgery platforms. The successful candidate must excel in a high-energy, focused, small-team environment, be able to initiate and drive new research directions, and have a commitment to high research quality. A strong sense of shared responsibility and shared reward is required.
As part of the research team, immediate responsibilities include:
- Exploration and development of machine learning algorithms for spatiotemporal analysis to improve current surgical robot platforms.
- Development of new technologies to improve surgeon performance on robotic surgery platforms.
- Support academic collaborations in related fields.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Adapting existing machine learning algorithms to novel robotic applications
- Characterizing surgeon behavior to optimize new robotic technologies
- Conducting user studies and driving data gathering initiatives
- Establishing strong academic collaborations across research disciplines, including robotics, computer science, and machine learning
- Presenting research at international conferences and publishing research in top academic journals
In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must have the following:
- Doctoral degree in Computer Science, Statistics, or Neuroscience; or Master's degree with minimum (3) years industry experience developing machine learning applications
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Interest in early research and development/prototype efforts related to robotics
- Solid understanding of statistics, machine learning, and deep learning algorithms and techniques is required
- Experience with Python, C/C++, and Matlab is required
- Experience with deep learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, Theano, Caffe, and/or Torch is required
- Experience with R is ideal
- Experience with image analysis, processing, and/or segmentation is a plus
- Experience with clinical studies is a plus
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (10-20%)
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
Tony Jarc, Ph.D.
Medical Research, Intuitive Surgical
More information about the robotics-worldwide