[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Post-doc position at ATR Intelligent Robotics and Communication Labs.

Takayuki Kanda kanda at atr.jp
Wed Sep 14 22:36:26 PDT 2016

The ATR Intelligent Robotics and Communications Laboratory is recruiting an
outstanding young (post-doctoral) researcher. Our laboratory has strong
focus on human-robot interaction and "smart" networked robotics allowing
various robots in human-populated environments, such as side-by-side walk
with pedestrians, self-driving wheelchairs navigating in pedestrians. We
have deployed these robots to interact with people and other robots in
locations such as shopping malls and elderly-care facilities.

We are seeking applications from researchers with special interest in mobile
human-robot interaction. Candidates with specific expertise in the following
domains are particularly welcome:
- Robot navigation with human-robot interaction/collaboration, e.g. safe and
stress-free navigation in human-populated environments, navigation control
allowing the side-by-side walk
- Human behavior modeling
- Multi robots coordination/collaboration control
- Localization and mapping
- Human detection and tracking using range-finder and/or depth cameras
- Cloud networked robotics platform and its standardization
- Robotic system integration

Our laboratory conducts a couple of social robotics research projects, and
within these projects, researchers in our team will have some flexibility in
terms of their own research focus.

The employment contract is made for each Japanese fiscal year (starting on
April and finishing on March of next year); however, starting period is
flexible (after December 2016). Extensions will be expected based on the
annual evaluation.

Wage will be decided based on your experience and expertise.

Please feel free to ask us (kanda at atr.jp, miyasita at atr.jp and hagita at atr.jp)
about details. To apply, please send us email including your CV and a
statement about your interest and motivation!

We will participate to IROS 2016, so please feel free to contact us for
meeting and talking about more details during IROS 2016. (We will be
available on Oct 13th and 14th).

Dr. Takayuki Kanda, Dr. Takahiro Miyashita, and Dr. Norihiro Hagita,

--------------------------------------
ATR Intelligent Robotics & Communication Labs.
Dr. Takayuki Kanda,
Senior research scientist / Group leader of human-robot interaction research
group
URL https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.irc.atr.jp_-7Ekanda_&d=DQICAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=pNT7js4ZWKMITE40JGyU9qm9v6ylLVsj8j0StUaCGy4&s=bsyEqHs19ugy-hjaX4T07MBxkDAfU3EDgjQxO3A0HIM&e=
E-mail: kanda at atr.jp
Tel: +81 774 95 1424 Fax: +81 774 95 1408

Dr. Takahiro Miyashita
Senior research manager / Group leader of networked robotics research group
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.irc.atr.jp_-7Emiyasita_miya-2Drobovie-2Deng_About-5Fme.html&d=DQICAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=pNT7js4ZWKMITE40JGyU9qm9v6ylLVsj8j0StUaCGy4&s=8uQpeDkEtmy8LArB1UjD4biHYgzZwRKoSwqMDfw6zhg&e=
E-mail: miyasita at atr.jp

Dr. Norihiro Hagita
Director of ATR Intelligent Robotics & Communication Labs.
E-mail: hagita at atr.jp