[robotics-worldwide] [jobs]Software Robotics Engineer at Apptronik

Nicholas Paine npaine at apptronik.com
Thu Sep 15 21:46:24 PDT 2016

Apptronik Inc. <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.apptronik.com_&d=DQIBaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rStC00sfV_qVWqlcnmGhKrRoTMim5rLso-FTzVW2NfNyo&m=CpYOoYvLH5esehp4RVrGgp_E6VjYj3ZdRxUARu1DJOw&s=YnyT20C4Uajg2U4xFy50rosKAw51c9tMH4yQpcnEHTw&e= > is a spin-off company from the
Human Centered Robotics Lab at The University of Texas at Austin.  At
Apptronik, we build advanced mobile articulated robots using
high-performance actuators and distributed control systems.  Our vision is
to engineer these highly versatile robotic systems to augment the
productivity, autonomy, and safety of humans over a broad spectrum of
applications. We at Apptronik have a history of building advanced robotic
systems and were part of the core engineering team that built NASA-JSC's
Valkyrie Humanoid Robot.  We're looking for highly motivated and talented
engineers with hands-on experience and a passion for robotics to join our
team.

The details of this software robotics engineer position are as follows:

Must have:

Excellent programming skills in C/C++
High-level of proficiency with ROS
Experience working in a real-time Linux environment
Excellent communication and documentation skills

Nice to have:

Background in control of robotic systems including basic modeling and
feedback control techniques
Experience with EtherCAT
Familiarity with Gazebo or other simulation environments
Embedded systems experience
PCB Design experience

Level of education: BS or Masters in Computer Science or Electrical
Engineering
Start date: Immediate
Location: Austin, TX

We are a start-up, so applicants should be comfortable with the pro's and
con's of working at an early-stage company.

To apply, please send a copy of your resume to jobs at apptronik.com.

*Nicholas Paine*

*Chief Technology Officer*

*Apptronik Systems, Inc.*