[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] Extension 9/30: AAAI-17 Outreach Event

Sheila Tejada stejada at usc.edu
Wed Sep 21 23:59:57 PDT 2016

The deadline for submitting an abstract (2 page limit) to participate in
the AAAI-17 Outreach event in San Francisco, CA is extended until September
30.  In addition to the special track during EAAI-17 on using AI to improve
teaching, learning and retention of students (description attached below),
we are hosting an outreach event on Saturday, February 4 with local K-12
students, where educators can perform their AI outreach activity. We want
to encourage more undergraduate and graduate student participation at AAAI
through this event.  We hope you will send a team of students to demo!

Kind regards,
Sheila Tejada
stejada at usc.edu

------------
Special Paper Track: AI for Education and Outreach
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.aaai.org_Conferences_AAAI_2017_eaai17call.php&d=DQIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=PUqPdr7fneVlVXcvn4vlnAqMozj1rtbPKLTfvvY7iac&s=yG92DK4E2r-hDEVHa8fDvy0QBt2Yr8voBS83QWRuLW4&e=
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.aaai.org_Conferences_AAAI_2017_eaai17call.php&d=DQMFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=OQHHqE83cLrh7fGAIKDvcw&m=hojoUzAnCBcdY4m39YqWYRsuLizR536bHxRDQZcenY0&s=iOa9ssSYMjw9OzjUz_25fYXgPpy27Neb7gcIxiOU9RQ&e=>
Organizer: Sheila Tejada, University of Southern California

The special track is about using AI in applications for education to
improve teaching and evaluation, (e.g. an intelligent tutor or machine
learning for MOOCs) or improve learning and retention of students (e.g.
educational robots, competitions, games, wearables, K-12 outreach
activities). The submission requirements are the same as for the main
track.