[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Job opportunity: Project Manager within the Australian Centre for Field robotics at the University of Sydney
lucy.avati at sydney.edu.au
Thu Sep 22 18:39:20 PDT 2016
The University of Sydney is currently seeking up to three project managers within the Australian Centre for field Robotics. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__sydney.edu.au_recruitment_&d=DQIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=QO-RopTuBLf922Vh2SZR4B58JGm0sbx7zsrvTwPNT0Q&s=gJg0QWQxW_uWr5Zvjz_owaSN-_pDf2LnD4kPSQMT9yM&e= > and search by the reference number 1508/0916 for more information and to apply.
Project Manager - up to 3 positions<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__sydney.nga.net.au_cp_index.cfm-3Fevent-3Djobs.checkJobDetailsNewApplication-26returnToEvent-3Djobs.processJobSearch-26jobid-3D6716643E-2DB607-2D9B8D-2D3DE4-2D92581EC08927-26CurATC-3DEXT-26CurBID-3D949319bc-2D8898-2D4f11-2Dac4b-2D9db401358504-26jobsListKey-3D972a2594-2D106c-2D44b1-2D88b3-2D72cf3608dce7-26persistVariables-3DCurATC-2CCurBID-2CjobsListKey-26lid-3D89202230008&d=DQIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=QO-RopTuBLf922Vh2SZR4B58JGm0sbx7zsrvTwPNT0Q&s=JcaGyjszM2vZOF8mvLyQi3bx_RTTvXfg3z5txP2dQy4&e= >
Faculty of Engineering and Information Technologies
Australian Centre for Field Robotics
Reference no. 1508/0916
* Opportunity to work in the world's largest field robotics research institute and help deliver innovative autonomous systems technologies to industry
* Utilise your proven track record in project management within research and development of engineering and ICT technology
* Full-time fixed term for 12 months, remuneration package: $143K p.a. which includes base salary, leave loading and 10.5% super
The University of Sydney is Australia's first university and has an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. It employs over 7600 permanent staff, supporting over 60,000 students.
The Australian Centre for Field Robotics (ACFR) is based in the School of Aerospace, Mechanical and Mechatronic Engineering at The University of Sydney, and is dedicated to the research, development, application and dissemination of field robotics principles and intelligent software. The ACFR is the largest robotics and automation research group in Australia and is also one of the largest of its kind in the world. The group has substantial experimental facilities including three laboratories and a field test site, a range of experimental and production vehicles, industry-quality mechanical and electrical design and fabrication facilities, and employs the latest in embedded computing, sensing and control technologies.
The ACFR has established a number of major research projects with industry and government clients in areas including agriculture, intelligent transport, mining, space and STEM. These projects focus on the translation of applied research into the user context.
We are seeking up to three Project Managers to support the implementation of key strategic projects and programs of work between the ACFR and its external project sponsors (industry and government). You will manage and oversee project organisation such as developing the project organisation structure, the project charter, workforce plans and project processes and resources required to support implementation and proper functioning of the projects. You will also build and implement overall project plans providing effective management of activities and deliverables to ensure milestones and deliverables are realised. You will develop and embed project governance and reporting to ensure progress of the projects is monitored and risks mitigated. You will manage overall project financials against budget and coordinate external funding opportunities. Key to the role is your management of stakeholders and communications especially across different technology readiness levels, ensuring effective collaboration and team work with other project teams and stakeholders, as well as between the ACFR and external project sponsors.
Position duties include:
* managing overall project organisation and establishment
* providing project management leadership and expert advice throughout the development and implementation of project plans to meet objectives
* developing and embedding project governance and reporting framework to monitor implementation, progress and delivery of the project
* managing project stakeholders and collaborating with project teams to ensure that project deliverables and milestones are achieved
Position requirements include:
* Postgraduate qualifications and/or extensive relevant work experience in project management and managing complex projects within the engineering (mechatronic, electronic, electrical) or comprehensive ICT (hardware and software) technology domain, across different technology readiness levels.
* proven experience in project managing, with different project management strategies, multiple work streams, or leading large complex projects and ability to work according to strict deadlines and manage various demands
* strong business acumen and strategic thinking skills together with effective leadership and people management skills
* excellent program management and planning skills using different project management methodologies, coupled with a general understanding of the project life cycle, project documentation, project standards and methodologies
The research and technology development at the ACFR is world class. You will be working alongside global leaders in the R&D of autonomous systems and interacting with world leading industry organisations in supporting the translation of the technology into their operations.
Remuneration package: $143,872 p.a. (which includes a base salary $121,574 p.a., leave loading and up to 17% employer's contribution to superannuation).
This position is subject to the completion of a satisfactory probation period for new appointees. Membership of a University approved superannuation scheme is a condition of employment for new appointees.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__sydney.edu.au_recruitment_&d=DQIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=QO-RopTuBLf922Vh2SZR4B58JGm0sbx7zsrvTwPNT0Q&s=gJg0QWQxW_uWr5Zvjz_owaSN-_pDf2LnD4kPSQMT9yM&e= > and search by the reference number for more information and to apply.
CLOSING DATE: 11:30pm 12 October 2016
The University is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications from equity target groups, including women and people with disabilities are encouraged. As the University of Sydney has established a scheme to increase the number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff employed across the institution, applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are also encouraged.
(c) The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
More information about the robotics-worldwide