[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] PostDoc in Physical Human-Robot Interaction - TU Berlin, Germany

Raphael Deimel raphael.deimel at tu-berlin.de
Wed Aug 16 09:33:57 PDT 2017

PostDoc position in Berlin, Germany

A postdoc position is available with the MTI-engAge research group at department of control systems at Technische
Universitaet Berlin, Germany.
The research group investigates approaches to make robots useful for technically less skilled parts of society, but also
considers the social roles of robots as part of their interdisciplinary agenda.

We are looking for a motivated addition to our team who will work on perception and behavior generation for a range of
robots in our Lab, with the goal of leveraging the body motion of the human interaction partners for synchronization and
sequencing of interactions, and for detecting misunderstandings or changes of mind in order to recover interactions
reactively.
We welcome a strong background in reactive and multimodal robot perception and/or learning of motion primitives, as we
do work experience with real robots.
Interest in interdisciplinary collaboration (especially with Sociology) will be considered favorably too.

The job requires excellent programming skills in Python and C++ and experience with ROS.
Knowledge of SoftBanks Choreographer, ROS stacks for perception and motion generation, and machine learning methods are
welcome too and will be acknowledged accordingly in the assessment.

We offer the candidate a position with considerable freedom in pursuing original research ideas and the possibility to
acquire experience in coordinating scientific staff.
We expect the candidate to be able to drive research on his/her own and to actively collaborate with group members and
partners.
We also expect the person to actively help in securing future funding.

The position is fully funded for two years at a gross salary of 3.832EUR/month (TVL-E14, 100%), starting from October
2017. We explicitly encourage female candidates to apply and will prefer them for comparably strong applications.

Link to offer: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__tub.stellenticket.de_de_offers_39355_&d=DwICaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=4oOELh8MLyJdf1v5G56tF35fuWDtuG7vkGv4Pja8JNw&s=PoH3sVQ-qIjbVYLp5todXjBqjXkyu9QAZw5sSJvjeeI&e=

Please send your application until 8.9.2017 to raphael.deimel at tu-berlin.de.

You are welcome to contact raphael.deimel at tu-berlin.de beforehand for specific research related questions.

--
Raphael Deimel