[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Call for PhD/Postdoc Exchange Programme
Seward Linda Jane
linda.seward at epfl.ch
Mon Jul 3 05:01:07 PDT 2017
International PhD/Postdoc exchange programme
NCCR Robotics offers financial assistance to take part in a 3-6 month collaborative project in a field related to the NCCR. Up to three scholarships of a maximum of 9,000 CHF will be awarded to cover living and travel costs. The scholarship is open to:
1. PhD/Postdocs from the NCCR who would like to go abroad (N.B. preference will be given to projects taken in conjunction with our partner institutions)
2. PhD/Postdocs from one of our partner institutions who would like to complete a project in an NCCR laboratory. For a full list of NCCR laboratories please see our website (www.nccr-robotics.ch<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.nccr-2Drobotics.ch_&d=DwIGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=TiVW6w4aVchTQjtc74pN7bi5ckris8LJZU6bcYviZ-g&s=XjKxSGRvDtyQtJ-Q2IBiX5IvAyyzszvJ_daRZ4cB0nk&e= >).
Women applicants will be given priority.
In order to apply for a fellowship applicants must first contact an NCCR professor or a professor in the partner's institution to discuss which potential projects may be available. See bottom of the page for a list of partner institution. A full list of NCCR Robotics professors can be found at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.nccr-2Drobotics.ch_people&d=DwIGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=TiVW6w4aVchTQjtc74pN7bi5ckris8LJZU6bcYviZ-g&s=iZPA5wkDtxnsYRGDabGGbjNwRaZ6I5ArW5sM99NP06U&e=
Once professorial support has been obtained the student should submit a complete application, comprising:The application should contain the following:
1. A PDF document containing a brief description (maximum 1 page including references, font size 12) of the project as agreed between the hosting professor and the student. The document should highlight the relevance of this visit for the PhD/Postdoc current research.
2. A CV of the candidate including a list of publications.
3. A detailed budget showing all costs that will be incurred through participation in the exchange programme including travel and accommodation. Only accomodation costs that exceed those incurred by the student in his home institution will be taken into account.
4. A motivation letter showing how work completed during the programme will contribute to the goals of the NCCR and promote the PhD/Postdoc career.
5. One letter of recommendation.
6. Written confirmation from the host institution.
7. Written confirmation of matching fund from PhD/Postdoc advisor (compulsory only if the advisor benefits from an endowed chair, e.g. associate or full professors at EPFL/ETHZ) where required, to ensure that total salary is 2,500 CHF per month or higher.
All items should be submitted in English. Applications should be sent by email to scholarship-nccr-robotics at groupes.epfl.ch<mailto:scholarship-nccr-robotics at groupes.epfl.ch> with the title “PhD/Postdoc internship application”.
The submission deadline is 31st July 2017. Notifications of acceptance/rejection will be sent out by the end of October 2017. Please note that successful candidates must start their internships between 1stDecember 2017 and 30th November 2018.
Dr. Linda Seward
Communications and Education Officer - NCCR Robotics and Cybathlon
EPFL Station 9
CH – 1015 Lausanne
+41 (0) 21 693 73 16 (EPFL) / +41 (0) 44 632 36 38 (ETH Zurich)
More information about the robotics-worldwide