[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Driverless car Laser Perception Engineers needed!
Careers and Recruitment
careers at oxbotica.com
Thu Jul 6 08:34:40 PDT 2017
Oxbotica, a leading Artificial Intelligence firm based in Oxford, is
bringing self-driving cars to the streets of London and Oxford. Our
autonomous operating system, Selenium, is platform agnostic and can be used
to navigate autonomously around cities, warehouses and off-road
environments, using data from lasers and cameras placed on vehicles.
Encompassing the areas of navigation, perception and planning, our
innovative approach combines state-of-the-art techniques with tried and
testing engineering solutions.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK’s premier start-ups
focusing on an amazing, fast moving area of technology. We are looking for
people who can come and make a contribution to the company, our culture,
the science and our customers.
We are looking for a laser perception specialist with extensive applied
experience to join our perception team. You will lead our efforts in
onboard object detection and tracking in laser point clouds, which is a
crucial requirement for safe, robust, autonomous driving.
- Ownership of Oxbotica’s laser-based perception pipeline for detection
and tracking of static and dynamic objects in laser point clouds, including
algorithm development and deployment in the field.
- Technical leadership of a project involving field deployment of a
state-of-the-art laser-based pedestrian and vehicle detection system.
- Working closely with the perception and planning teams to integrate
and validate object tracking for online robot control.
- Input into laser sensor selection, placement and driver
*Qualifications, Training and Experience*
- PhD degree or equivalent experience in robotics, computer science or a
- Extensive experience with lasers, 3D point clouds, transforms and
- Strong theoretical and applied skills deploying perception algorithms
for object detection and tracking.
- Demonstrated excellence in C++ software development.
- Experience in writing “soft real-time” code and proficiency in Linux.
- Experience with Boost, STL, CMake, Eigen, git, unit testing.
- Strong communication skills.
- GPGPU experience using OpenCL, CUDA or OpenGL.
- Development experience with Python and Matlab.
- Experience with safety-critical systems.
- Experience developing GUIs.
- Experience developing device drivers for on-board sensors.
Interested? Take a look at our website and drop us a line along with your
CV and some thoughts about how you can make a difference:
careers at oxbotica.com
More information about the robotics-worldwide