[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Research Engineer – Vision and Deep Learning for Robotics and AI Start Up
emmanouil.spyrakos at q-bot.co
Tue Jul 18 02:19:10 PDT 2017
Research Engineer – Vision and Deep Learning for Robotics and AI Start Up
Job Title: Research Engineer
Reporting To: Research Manager
Deadline & Term: ASAP, Permanent, Full Time
Package: Salary + Performance Related Pay + Options Scheme
Location: SW London (Earlsfield)
Q-Bot is a high tech, high growth, international start-up, developing
robotics and intelligent systems that will revolutionise the built
environment. The company is now looking to hire a talented Research Engineer
to join a rapidly growing, multidisciplinary product development team, in
order to research and develop mapping and visualisation capabilities for the
company’s products. The ideal candidate would have a good degree in
Robotics, Software Engineering, AI or another relevant subject, combined
with at least 3 years of experience developing solutions that map and
visualise environments or applying deep learning and AI techniques to
complex data sets.
This is an excellent opportunity to get involved high growth company as it
scales, work within a creative and dynamic team, with many opportunities for
career progression. To make the most of this exciting opportunity Q-Bot is
looking for someone who is ambitious, driven, passionate about robotics/AI,
and who will be motivated by seeing their efforts have a real and lasting
impact. The successful candidate will be rewarded with an exciting and
diverse role, and influence to shape research and the long-term strategy of
the company. Salary will depend on experience and the successful candidate
will also be invited to take part in the Employee Share Option Plan or
performance related pay.
Duties of the job:
• Programming control and processing software, including visualisation of
maps and models, feature recognition and analysis of complex data
• Performing tests, problem diagnosis, and debugging.
• Running experiments, analysing data and comparing results to theory.
• Researching a topic area, reporting and presenting back.
• Presenting and communicating ideas, including planning software
• Visiting customer sites and analysing products in situ.
• Project management of assigned projects/work packages.
• A good degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Robotics or
another relevant technical subject.
• A minimum of 3 years relevant experience developing commercial robotic
• Fluent in C++ with experience of deep learning, neural networks,
visualisation and / or mapping experience.
• Able to plan time, manage assigned deliverables, and work to deadlines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English).
• Must be eligible to work in the UK without restriction.
• Able to work effectively both as part of a team and individually.
• Application of Agile or other project management techniques.
• Experience with ROS, SLAM and / or robotic systems.
• Experience with CAD, BIM and building models.
• Experience with app and embedded software development.
• Experience of deep learning and machine vision including computer vision
libraries: OpenCV, PCL, etc
• Motivated and goal oriented.
• Shows initiative and diligent.
Q-Bot is a high-tech start up at the forefront of robotics, sustainability
and the built environment designing and building robots that help install
insulation in existing homes at a fraction of the cost and disruption
associated with traditional methods. The company counts a number of Local
Authorities and Social Landlords among its customers
The intelligent construction robots developed by Q-Bot have a number of
• They empower operators, making them more efficient and productive.
• They allow easier, cheaper, safer and more effective execution of tasks
than traditionally possible.
• They create buildings that are energy efficient, cheaper to run and more
The company has a highly innovative technology platform with many exciting
applications, a creative approach to tackling climate change, combined with
a strong social agenda, helping people in fuel poverty and working with our
customers to ensure a positive impact within the local community. The
company's offices are based in Earlsfield, Wandsworth (South West London).
Q-Bot is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all
suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability,
religion, belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please apply to: future at q-bot.co with a covering letter and CV. Please
note: no recruitment agents, thank you. If you don`t fit this requirement
exactly but are a degree qualified robotics or software engineer with
significant experience in at least one programming language feel free to
e-mail a CV as you may be suitable for other positions we are recruiting
Emmanouil Spyrakos-Papastavridis, PhD.
Senior Research Engineer
Block G, Riverside Business Centre, Bendon Valley, Wandsworth, SW18 4UQ
View this message in context: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__robotics-2Dworldwide.1046236.n5.nabble.com_jobs-2DResearch-2DEngineer-2DVision-2Dand-2DDeep-2DLearning-2Dfor-2DRobotics-2Dand-2DAI-2DStart-2DUp-2Dtp5717062.html&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=5ISzY-aTc1oa05z-6RBGXlHSeQ3yjLW_9o9RE5hwZfc&s=ljStkgsSuw7BWThVpJyGOX94UoMiUq31A81l78f4_V4&e=
Sent from the robotics-worldwide mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the robotics-worldwide