[robotics-worldwide] [Jobs] Scientist position at Honda Research Institute USA, Inc.
Alireza Nakhaei Sarvedani
ANakhaei at hra.com
Tue Jul 18 09:12:46 PDT 2017
Honda Research Institute USA (HRI-US) in Silicon Valley is searching for a talented scientist with expertise in artificial intelligence and machine learning to join our cutting-edge research in the exciting future of autonomous vehicles. As a member of the group, we encourage the candidates to contribute new research ideas and to participate in presentations and scientific publications. You will also have the opportunity to build close relationships with our research partners at world-class universities and at other Honda Research Institutes in Europe and Japan to create cutting edge solutions to complex and real world problems.
Scientist: Decision Making/Motion Planning (Job Number: P16F05):
The position focuses on bringing machine learning techniques to real-world decision making problems. It has a strong emphasis on real problems with real solutions and requires broad knowledge in the areas such as reinforcement learning, deep learning and policy optimization.
- Perform research to make machine learning applicable to real world decision making problems.
- Develop decision making and motion planning algorithms for autonomous vehicles.
- Participate in software development and prototyping.
- Contribute to a portfolio of patents and academic publications demonstrate research value.
- PhD/MSc in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- Expertise in machine learning.
- Expertise in decision making under uncertainty.
- Familiarity with motion planning algorithms.
- Strong programming skills in Python or C++
- Experience in reinforcement learning and/or deep learning.
- Experience in behavior cloning.
- Familiarity with probabilistic reasoning in AI.
- Experience in deep learning frameworks such as Tensorflow.
- Familiarity with Robot Operating System (ROS).
The candidate must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, eagerness to learn and grow, and have a flexible approach to solving problems.
Please send an e-mail to
careers at honda-ri.com
with the following:
- Subject line including the job number you are applying for
- Recent CV
- A cover letter explaining how your background matches the qualifications
Candidates must have the legal right to work in the U.S.A.
Honda Research Institute USA, Inc.
375 Ravendale Dr.
Mountain View, CA, 94043
Confidentiality Notice: This transmission (including any attachments) may contain confidential information belonging to the sender and is intended only for the use of the party or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, retention or the taking of action in reliance on the contents of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender and erase all information and attachments.
More information about the robotics-worldwide