[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Fully Funded PhD Positions at UTSA
Yongcan.Cao at utsa.edu
Mon Jul 31 15:50:17 PDT 2017
Fully funded PhD positions are available starting Spring 2017 in distributed control and optimization, human-robot interaction, machine learning, and motion planning. Research will be conducted in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA), under the supervision of Dr. Yongcan Cao.
- A Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer science, mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, or a related field;
- Strong background in systems and control theory and signal processing;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Proficiency in Matlab and C++.
- Master’s degree;
- Experience in Robot Operating System, machine learning, and computer vision;
- Hands-on experience in UAVs or ground robots;
- Demonstrated research experience (i.e., a good publication record).
How to apply:
Send the following documents in a single PDF file
- One page cover letter describing your interest, goal, and how your background fits well;
- CV or resume;
to yongcan.cao at utsa.edu<mailto:yongcan.cao at utsa.edu>.
About UTSA and San Antonio
Established in 1969, UTSA is the largest university in the San Antonio area with over 28,000 students enrolled. It was selected by Times Higher Education as one of the best universities in the world under 50 years old. UTSA has evolved to be one of the largest institutions within the University of Texas system.
San Antonio, officially the City of San Antonio, is the seventh most populated city in the United States of America and the second most populated city in the state of Texas. It is notable for Spanish colonial missions, the Alamo, the River Walk, the Tower of the Americas, the Alamo Bowl, and Marriage Island. Commercial entertainment includes SeaWorld and Six Flags Fiesta Texas theme parks, and according to the San Antonio Convention and Visitors Bureau, the city is visited by about 26 million tourists a year. The city is home to the five-time NBA champion San Antonio Spurs.
More information about the robotics-worldwide