[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Open Post-Doc position available at INRIA (Chroma team) and TOYOTA on Advanced Perception and Sensor Fusion for Autonomous Cars
jerome.lussereau at inria.fr
Mon Mar 6 05:18:55 PST 2017
Open Post-Doc position available at INRIA (Chroma team) and TOYOTA
on Advanced Perception and Sensor Fusion for Autonomous Cars
A one year (re-newable) Post-Doc position is available at Inria Grenoble Rhône-Alpes (France) in the
scope of the long-term (9 years) Inria-Toyota cooperation on autonomous driving. We are looking for
a highly motivated post-doctoral researcher interested in computer vision and perception for robotics
and autonomous vehicles.
The research work has to be conducted within the Inria Chroma Team (at Inria Grenoble, France), in
tight collaboration with Toyota Motor Europe in Brussels (using visio-conferences and occasional
trips to Toyota Europe’s offices in Brussels). The experimental validation of the research work will be
conducted using the Inria-Toyota equipped Toyota Lexus vehicle located at Inria Grenoble.
The proposed work shall focus on the development of models and methods to fuse multi-modal
information from the kind of sensors that will equip tomorrow’s vehicles. The main objective of the
project is to improve and extend upon existing methods for image-based optimization and grid-based
sensor fusion in order to adapt them to work in the very challenging conditions that are often found in
real driving scenarios. The candidate will build upon a set of published and/or patented technologies
developed by our team during our 9-year collaboration with Toyota. A first Inria-TME patent has been
filed in December 2016, and a complementary one is expected by the end of the Post-Doc.
- PhD in Computer Vision, Robotics Perception, Machine Learning or closely related fields
- Good academic track record with publications
- Good English skills, written and spoken
- Strong background in one of the following: Robotics, Computer Vision, Sensor Fusion, Scene
- Good skills in C++ skills and/or Python and Linux
- Skill to analyze and improve algorithms, in particular in optimization for computer vision (e.g.
Semantic segmentation, depth reconstruction, scene flow)
The following qualifications would be an advantage:
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art deep learning methods
- Familiarity with CUDA and Boost libraries
- Experience using the Robotics library ROS
- Ability to work as a teammate with other researchers
Application process and agenda:
The position is to be fulfilled as soon as possible, ideally in May 1st or June 1st 2017.
Applications can be sent immediately and will continue to be evaluated until the position is taken. The
initial term is one year, with a possible extension depending on performance.
Applicants should submit:
- A one page cover letter describing their background and motivations.
- Curriculum Vitae with Publication list.
- Contact information of two referees and their recommendation letters.
Applications should be sent in a single PDF document to:
Christian.Laugier at inria.fr
olivier.simonin at insa-lyon.fr
varomero at uao.edu.co
More information about the robotics-worldwide