[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] - Data Mining Research Scientist
Jia, Zhen Export License Required - US UTRC
JiaZ at utrc.utc.com
Tue Mar 7 20:10:38 PST 2017
Data Mining Research Scientist
United Technologies Research Center (China) - Shanghai
United Technologies Research Center (UTRC) is an internationally recognized corporate research organization of United Technologies Corporation (UTC) that conducts research and development across a range of technology areas to drive its mission of “growth through innovation”. UTRC partners with UTC business units and renowned external research organizations to impact organic growth of the Corporation through new product and process innovations. The operating units of UTC include: Pratt & Whitney (aircraft engines), Sikorsky (helicopters), Otis (elevators and escalators), UTC Climate Controls & Security (HVAC, building controls and security solutions), UTC Aerospace Systems (aerospace products), and UTC Power (environmentally advanced power solutions). Our headquarters is in East Hartford, USA with partnerships worldwide and a research and development center in Shanghai, China.
United Technologies Research Center (China) Ltd. was established in Shanghai in 1997 to provide a technology base for UTC business units via partnerships and collaborative R&D (universities and government institutes). Our engineers and scientists work on global projects in conjunction with other UTC business units and renowned research organizations to bring product and process innovation to enhance UTC products competitiveness in Asia and world-wide. We are a world-class research center advancing technologies that serve energy, environment, controls, security, and embedded systems.
United Technologies Research Center (China) Ltd. invites qualified individuals to apply for the following position in the Shanghai office. This position will compensate the chosen candidate at competitive local Shanghai market wage rate, and benefits will be administered based on local Shanghai benefit practices.
Senior Research Scientist: Data Mining
• Develop and implement novel signal processing and data mining algorithms applied to security, HVAC or building related application, perform simulation analysis, performance characterization and experiments design and verification, interact with other engineering teams to ensure system-wide compatibility.
• Responsible for the data mining system implementation and testing of the security, HVAC or building platform integration for UTC’s global customers. The role would involve interaction with customer for requirements definition, design and implementation of security, HVAC or building application integration solutions.
• The successful candidate will have demonstrated skills in the automatic or semi-automatic analysis of large quantities of data to extract previously unknown interesting patterns such as groups of data records (cluster analysis), unusual records (anomaly detection) and dependencies (association rule mining).
• Extensive experience in integration solution development in C/C++ and Matlab.
• Communicate with global teams to develop requirements and product specifications; Working closely with a global cross-disciplinary team of technologists to the conception and prototyping of new technology/products related to existing and emerging UTC applications.
• Collaborate with a diverse team both at UTC Research Center and UTC business units. Create new technical and project opportunities through technology leveraging, strategic partnering, and acquisition of external contracts
• Lead and participate in multidisciplinary projects, ensuring high quality deliverables and seamless integration with the UTRC team in the U.S.A., and University partners in China.
• Provide timely, accurate and detailed reports and presentations.
• M.S. (with 5+ experiences)/Ph.D. (with 2+ experiences) in signal processing, control, applied mathematics, computer science, electrical engineering and related discipline.
• Good mathematical knowledge in the areas such as data mining theories, statistical analysis, and pattern recognition/classification, machining learning, sensor networks, sensor fusion or signal processing will be preferred.
• 3+ years strong experience in algorithms development in one or some of the following signal processing and data mining technologies: anomaly detection, association rule learning, clustering, classification, regression, summarization, features extraction; Windows or Linux OS based software design.
• MATLAB, Simulink, C, C++, and data mining software tools and platforms.
• Exceptional communication skills, demonstrated commitment to deliver results, adaptability and the ability to work in a teaming environment.
• Ability to execute technology research plans to successfully achieve desired technical outcomes within time and budget constraints.
• Some travel required.
• Fluent English (both written and spoken) and excellent communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a multi-disciplinary group environment
• Solid technical writing, presentation, project management and communication skills.
• Strong leadership skills and an entrepreneurial attitude towards innovation.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION OR TO SUBMIT CREDENTIALS PLEASE CONTACT
jiaz at utrc.utc.com<mailto:jiaz at utrc.utc.com>
More information about the robotics-worldwide