[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Teaching Postdoctoral Fellowships in Computer Science, Northwestern University

brenna d. argall brenna.argall at northwestern.edu
Thu Mar 9 06:02:25 PST 2017

Job Opening: Teaching Postdoctoral Fellowship in Computer Science,
Northwestern University

Northwestern University has recently announced a substantial commitment
to grow and transform Computer Science (CS)
[https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.northwestern.edu_newscenter_stories_2016_06_major-2Dexpansion-2Din-2Dcomputer-2Dscience.html&d=DwIF-g&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=Q05bquIc7BtHwdMYbzozUOkeJjzNWGPf_Alt1VAs1lM&s=Cxqkc7rt6Q_-ubRwhWeawXkHmgiEpSDb9TzmoLYjD4M&e= ].
We will add twenty new tenure-track faculty in the next five years---ten
in core Computer Science, and ten collaboratively with other disciplines
(CS + X)---as well as a number of non-tenure track teaching faculty.

To support this growth of our faculty, increase our research impact, and
meet growing student demand, we invite applications for multiple
Postdoctoral Fellowships in Computer Science. Combining research with
teaching duties, these positions come with attractive benefits and will
have considerable autonomy, while still enabling close mentoring by and
collaboration with Northwestern faculty members. The teaching load is
one course per quarter over the three quarter academic year (including
an advanced-level course in the candidate’s research area). These are
two-year positions, with the possibility of renewal for an additional year.

We encourage candidates to send applications as soon as possible;
appointments begin Fall 2017 quarter. Applications received  by March
31, 2017 will be given full consideration; however, the positions will
remain open until filled. Applicants should submit (1) a cover letter,
(2) a curriculum vitae, (3) three to five letters of reference, (4)
statement of research goals, (5) statement of teaching philosophy, and
(6) two representative publications.

Visit our department page to learn more and apply:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.mccormick.northwestern.edu_eecs_careers.html&d=DwIF-g&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=Q05bquIc7BtHwdMYbzozUOkeJjzNWGPf_Alt1VAs1lM&s=c8TPwXfVWx9Y29huYOw0ypCh3XY2DNvJWwCG7NiTFmY&e=

For general questions about the search or application assistance post
submission, contact: facsearch at eecs.northwestern.edu