[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Three faculty positions available Birmingham UK

Jeremy Wyatt jlw at cs.bham.ac.uk
Fri Mar 17 04:57:06 PDT 2017

Three Faculty Positions available in Intelligent Systems and/or
Intelligent Robotics
School of Computer Science
University of Birmingham

The School of Computer Science at the University of Birmingham is
seeking to appoint to three faculty positions. There are two posts
(Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Reader) available in the general area of
intelligent systems (including robotics), and one post (Lecturer/Senior
Lecturer/Reader) specifically in intelligent robotics.

The School is a leading European centre for research and teaching in
Intelligent Systems, Robotics, and allied areas. We are ranked 8th in
the UK from 89 departments for research in Computer Science. We have
been ranked in the top ten for teaching in UK Computer Science from
2012-2016. We are embarking on a significant expansion of our faculty in
the areas of intelligent systems and intelligent robotics. In a first
phase we are recruiting three permanent staff.

We are searching for outstanding individuals in any of the following
areas: robotics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, computer
vision, medical imaging, evolutionary and nature inspired computing.

You should have an outstanding research track record for your career
stage, and be able to demonstrate the ability or potential to build
research collaborations and attract funding.

We have active research groups in machine learning, imaging, computer
vision, and robotics involved in multiple cross-disciplinary projects
funded by EPSRC, BBSRC, Horizon 2020, MRC, the Royal Society, FP7 and
Innovate UK. For a profile of our work in each area, including current
research projects and grants, please see www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research .
The School has excellent facilities and hosts state of the art
laboratories in imaging and robotics. Details of the robotics laboratory
can be seen here: www.cs.bham.ac.uk/go/irlab

We are active participants in multiple cross-campus research
initiatives. These include the Centre for Computational Neuroscience and
Cognitive Robotics (www.birmingham.ac.uk/research/activity/cncr), the
Centre for Doctoral Training in Physical Sciences for Health
(https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.birmingham.ac.uk_research_activity_sci-2Dphy&d=DwICaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=a-RE9MNuqUNTZEnLEj4_Tawc0i6Kg0Vj1uMyhvpiVrc&s=5frnOW_Ll_3hwYABlBWgquGPXiQthA59GizMM11EzfY&e= ), and the
Institute for Translational Medicine (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.itmbirmingham.co.uk&d=DwICaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=a-RE9MNuqUNTZEnLEj4_Tawc0i6Kg0Vj1uMyhvpiVrc&s=INJKN9Y0HAqWQ-VMx6DqWcj7mb_aqnaTBASdenh71bw&e= ).
We also collaborate with a wide range of UK and international industrial
partners.

The School of Computer Science is an Athena Swan Bronze award holder and
committed to providing a supportive work environment for our staff and
providing equal opportunities in our recruitment process. We welcome
applicants from diverse backgrounds and will take career breaks etc.
into consideration during the process.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.

For information and enquiries please contact either
Professor Jeremy L Wyatt, j.l.wyatt at bham.ac.uk
Professor Andrew Howes, Head of School, hos at cs.bham.ac.uk

--
Prof Jeremy L Wyatt