[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Robotics software engineer position at Booz Allen Hamilton's CRoSS lab

Manzo, Justin [USA] Manzo_Justin at bah.com
Sun Mar 19 23:03:24 PDT 2017

I'd like to announce an open position for a robotics software engineer in our group at Booz Allen Hamilton. Details below, with a link to apply at the bottom of this notice.

Booz Allen Hamilton, a solutions firm based in Virginia, has a sizable engineering presence that does everything from technical advising through system development. At our Center for Robotics Systems and Simulation (CRoSS) based in Arlington, VA, we are engaged in many elements of robotic system design, analysis, prototyping, and testing for our clients. We have worked on some very high-visibility robotics programs over the last decade, and are engaged in a number of active exciting projects across the aerial, maritime, ground, and manipulation domains, in addition to more general system integration and sensor exploitation efforts.

It is my pleasure to announce that we currently have an open requisition to identify our next team member. We are looking for a software developer to join the CRoSS group at Booz Allen, who would work with us on conducting robotic systems research, development, and technical assistance for Department of Defense and other clients. Roles would chiefly consist of algorithm development, architecture design, and software implementation. This team member would need to apply extensive knowledge of multiple operating systems and programming languages, modeling and simulation, and robotics-related algorithms, including autonomy, navigation, and perception. He or she would work under general to little supervision, and would provide support to a variety of clients on a variety of topics, including state-of-the-art research and development in robotics. This person would interact directly with these clients to identify problems, generate solutions, and communicate results.

Basic Qualifications:

-2+ years of experience with the research and development of small <100lb mobile robotic systems
-2+ years of experience in programming with C++ and Python on Linux and Windows
-Experience with operating and developing code for embedded or singleboard computers
-Experience with developing and implementing robotics algorithms, including sensing and perception
-Experience with robotics modeling and simulation
-Knowledge of general state-of-the-art robotic systems
-Ability to interact directly with clients to identify problems, analyze data, generate solutions, and communicate results
-Ability to obtain a security clearance
-MS degree in CS, Computer Engineering, EE, or a related field

Additional Qualifications:

-Experience with Robot Operating System (ROS), including using existing packages and creating custom packages
-Experience with using, configuring, and modifying Ardupilot
-Experience with developing path planning and obstacle avoidance algorithms for UAVs, UGVs, USVs, UUVs, or manipulators
-Experience with developing cooperative and swarming robot behaviors
-Experience with modeling and simulation through Gazebo or similar physics-based simulators
-Experience with version control software, including git or svn
-Experience with electrical circuit and PCB design
-Experience with developing software and architectures for secure data links and communications
-Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
-Possession of excellent client-facing, consulting, leadership, and organizational skills
-PhD degree in CS, Computer Engineering, EE, or a related field a plus
-Certified FAA Part 107 UAV Operator

Clearance:

Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.

For more information and to submit an application, please see our job posting here: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.jobs.net_jobs_booz-2Dallen-2Dhamilton_en-2Dus_job_United-2DStates_Robotics-2DSoftware-2DEngineer_J3L39Q6FM4D28MHJTRV_&d=DwIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=vHA4ryvtrhASTZxkALi-s8PGjDumPllus58KZreQ4Y8&s=zNssQFv2Oq4mZ_T5K5VkMyW9HfqKHaonsWRawx54YRs&e=

Justin Manzo, Ph.D.
Booz Allen Hamilton, Strategic Innovation Group
Manager, Center for Robotic Systems and Simulation (CRoSS)