[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] 2nd CFP: ICRA'17 Full-Day Workshop on "Recent Advances in Dynamics for Industrial Applications"
dynamics.icra2017 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 11:04:01 PDT 2017
ICRA 2017 Full-Day Workshop:
"Recent Advances in Dynamics for Industrial Applications"
Singapore – Monday, May 29, 2017 (08:30 – 17:00).
ICRA 2017: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.icra2017.org_&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=pFDUwsSN7uw_J8-0jfnsqI8x1A9Tsj01SSdJD49J-Uc&s=a2GCj8RcGmwZt4RSjLDBQYLB-zoi6dfRkBud5K3S_B0&e=
The benefits of using dynamic models in the trajectory generation,
planning, and control of industrial robots is a widely accepted notion
within the robotics research community. Even if the models are not
completely accurate, when available they can still be used to advantage,
and offer superior performance over non-model-based methods. Yet with only
a few exceptions, such dynamic model-based methods are not widely used in
today's industrial robots. Why? Are there computational or other
fundamental limits that prevent their effectiveness, or are purely
kinematics-based methods sufficient for today's industrial robot
This workshop aims to explore these and other related questions, and to
shed light on the gap between the state-of-the-art on dynamics-based
methods for robot planning and control and the needs of the practitioner.
Second Call For Contributions: Deadline extended to Apr 15th, 2017.
Participants are invited to submit abstracts related to key challenges
while applying dynamics techniques in real world industrial applications.
Topics include but are not limited to: dynamics computation, motion
planning, task planning, manipulation, and mechanism design. We invite
submissions in the form of extended abstracts (up to 4 pages) following
ICRA formatting guidelines. The abstracts will be reviewed by the
organizers. Accepted contributions will be featured in a poster session and
will be included in the workshop proceedings, which will be available at
the workshop webpage. We encourage work-in-progress to be submitted and
will take this into account in the review process.
-Poster submission deadline (extended): Apr 15th, 2017.
Please submit your proposal to dynamics.icra2017 at gmail.com (with keyword
-Submission Acceptance Notification: Apr 30th, 2017.
Confirmed Invited Speakers (see website for presentation details)
- Alin Albu-Schaeffer (DLR-German Aerospace Center)
- David J. Braun (Singapore University of Technology and Design)
- Sebastien Briot (Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique)
- Wenjie Chen (FANUC)
- Torsten Kroeger (Stanford University / Google)
- Sergey Levine (UC Berkeley)
- Andreas Mueller (Johannes Kepler University)
- Paolo Rocco (Politecnico di Milano)
- Luis Sentis (University of Texas at Austin)
- Todd Murphey (Northwestern University)
- Quang-Cuong Pham (Nanyang Technological University)
- Bruno Siciliano (University of Naples Federico II, Italy)
- Katsu Yamane (Disney Research)
- Jia Pan, The City University of Hong Kong
- Yuanqing Wu, University of Bologna, Italy
- Frank C. Park, Seoul National University
More information about the robotics-worldwide