[robotics-worldwide] [journals]:Call for papers for a Research Topic (Special Issue) on Mapping Human Sensory-Motor Skills for Manipulation onto the Design and Control of Robots

Matteo Bianchi matteobianchi23 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 08:02:53 PDT 2017

***DEADLINE EXTENSION***

Dear Colleagues,

In collaboration with Frontiers in Robotics and AI, we are organizing a
Research Topic titled "Mapping Human Sensory-Motor Skills for Manipulation
onto the Design and Control of Robots”, hosted by Gionata Salvietti and me.
As host editors, we would like to encourage you to contribute to this topic.

The goal is to investigate the mutual inspiration between neuroscience and
robotics, and how it is possible to translate neuroscientific findings on
human manipulation into engineering guidelines for simplified systems able
to take full advantage from the interaction and hence exploitation of
environmental constraints for task accomplishment and knowledge acquisition.

This Research Topic is intrinsically interdisciplinary and aims to
integrate expertise from different domains of research. Topics of interest
include, but are not limited to:
- Neuroscientific investigation and technical tools for studying human
behavior in interaction with the environment;
- Modeling of the sense of touch and proprioception, including tactile
illusions as means to give insights into sensory information gathering and
processing;
- Methods for transferring and mapping human behavior to robots;
- Design, sensing and control of simple and effective soft robotic hands
and sensory systems for robots, taking inspiration from the human example.

Please find more information about Research Topics below, including the
publishing fees that apply. You can also visit the homepage we have created
on the Frontiers website, which defines the focus of the topic, and where
all published articles will appear:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__journal.frontiersin.org_researchtopic_5808_mapping-2Dhu&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=1VpeYC1CfxHoEyYo3Csmh_TbR9SxN-8wViKW284Lav0&s=lj8Kn5dKXSEFKsdnlFmdccv1rZbm1ooEjW2IxdrhKfU&e=
man-sensory-motor-skills-for-manipulation-onto-the-design-an
d-control-of-robots
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__journal.frontiersin.org_researchtopic_5808_mapping-2Dhuman-2Dsensory-2Dmotor-2Dskills-2Dfor-2Dmanipulation-2Donto-2Dthe-2Ddesign-2Dand-2Dcontrol-2Dof-2Drobots&d=DwMFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=g54sf00A4OOrpa9sSnCjtV712UjbEJP95kygVeK5SPc&s=TRU5L3XUiE4FabMC1VaNZzTnEtbBw9TqrlRQYLQaGqA&e=>

Please note the submission deadlines for this Research Topic are:

25 April 2017           Abstract

01 October 2017     Manuscript

Let us know if you have any questions about the Research Topic. We look
forward to hearing from you soon.

With best regards,

Matteo Bianchi and Gionata Salvietti