[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Robotics Engineer

EhsanAsadi easadi at transformarobotics.com
Fri May 5 02:21:23 PDT 2017

Job Title: Robotics Engineer - Motion Control and Planning
Location: Innovation Centre, Nanyang Technology University, Singapore

Transforma Robotics is looking to hire a highly motivated and skilled
Robotics Engineer to join a multidisciplinary research and development team
with diverse backgrounds.

You should be well versed in state-of-the-art, robotic arm motion planning
algorithms, and has deployed them on real robotic hardware. You will be
responsible for the development and refinement of combined task and motion
planning of a mobile robotic arm in both Cartesian and joint space. You will
be part of the core R&D team and will develop and test robust and
deliverable software in Robot Operating System (ROS) that integrates the arm
motion planning solutions with knowledge gathering and dispatch algorithms
for a construction service robot.

This is an excellent opportunity to get involved in a high-tech and high
growth company, working to build the innovative construction service robots.
The salary is highly competitive and successful candidate will be rewarded
with an exciting, diverse and demanding role which has many opportunities
for career progression. We work in a fast-paced, agile environment, where we
constantly collaborate, brainstorm & peer review ideas, and test proposed
solutions. We encourage continual learning within the team.

Qualifications and Desired Skills:
	M.S. or Ph.D. degree in CS, EE, ME or related fields
	Strong interest in robotics, service robots and automation - Love robots
	Experience in robotic arm motion planning and one more area: software
system Integration and testing, robot vision, mechatronics
	Strong Proficiency in Programming using C++, Python and experience with
Linux
	Knowledge and experience in ROS and packages such as Moveit, OpenRave and
…
	Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a small team with fast
development cycles
	Effective oral and written communication skills in English
	Familiarity with computer vision, perception and related libraries such as
PCL and/or OpenCV would be an advantage.

Application procedure:
Interested candidates, please send your CV to easadi AT
transformarobotics.com. An interview will be conducted for each profile
fitting the requirement.
For more information, you can contact Professor Chen I-Ming, Chair of
Robotics Research Center, NTU, and Co-founder and CEO of Transforma
Robotics: michen AT transformarobotics.com.

We welcome the interested applicants and researchers to visit us during ICRA
2017, at Transforma Robotics start-up corner or industry forum.

About Transforma Robotics:
Transforma Robotics is a high-tech startup company at the forefront of new
technologies and innovations in robotizing construction services: a spin-off
company from Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and well supported by
NTUitive and government agencies such as the Jurong Town Corporation (JTC
Corp), Singapore. The company mission is to develop and integrate modular
robotic platforms with artificial intelligence and data analytics to tackle
real-life challenges of productivity and safety in the construction
industry. We have a dynamic and highly educated team, and currently looking
for more talented engineers to grow our team.
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.transformarobotics.com_&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=ZBvXPV97NRiEfjnDAIDZp1zXCOJyHCaKkryLMxN-e98&s=qZHvnpIULYC6mGR3VF3UiXGWg5dJyJJWQNqejMcnT7Q&e=
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.ntuitive.sg_innovation-2Dcentre&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=ZBvXPV97NRiEfjnDAIDZp1zXCOJyHCaKkryLMxN-e98&s=woL411X_7dsBj38hSuRCLqKA8pw4NScCVGe1tzi9O0I&e=

--
View this message in context: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__robotics-2Dworldwide.1046236.n5.nabble.com_robotics-2Dworldwide-2Djobs-2DRobotics-2DEngineer-2Dtp5716428.html&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=ZBvXPV97NRiEfjnDAIDZp1zXCOJyHCaKkryLMxN-e98&s=v3FkOgislk-SkkMqaY-JfimTfAFU61fbNswy1KiS8-4&e=
Sent from the robotics-worldwide mailing list archive at Nabble.com.