[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Postdoctoral Scholar Position at MIT to help lead research projects at the CSAIL-Toyota Join Research Center
rus at csail.mit.edu
Sun May 7 17:19:03 PDT 2017
The CSAIL-Toyota Joint Research Center at MIT is looking for a postdoctoral scholar to help lead research projects.
The Toyota-CSAIL Joint Research Center <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__toyota.csail.mit.edu&d=DwIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=yus7xDnF7fYFlOgGu-q6jFvB3ytMZNomsHZQakktPwI&s=Wy4wPDXKjEDSsDzmANX6HCCezCCdsHAtksmHPsOZejw&e= <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__toyota.csail.mit.edu_&d=DwIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=yus7xDnF7fYFlOgGu-q6jFvB3ytMZNomsHZQakktPwI&s=r5AuXduzqkxjW87sp40qYed-0_QUWev0QiaGhcQ5WMQ&e= >> aims to develop new technologies for autonomous driving and advanced driver assistance systems.
The research will involve leading research activities in developing a parallel-autonomy system that can make driver far safer, cleaner and enjoyable than it is today. The research spans all fields of robotics, including control systems, robot motion planning, robot perception, and inference, with applications using a real-world platform built at MIT based on the Toyota Prius. The obligations also include helping mentor up to ten graduate students and several undergraduate students with Professors Daniela Rus and Sertac Karaman.
- PhD degree in computer science, robotics, engineering or related field.
- Extensive experience with robotics research demonstrated by a strong track record of academic publications
- Proficiency with multiple contemporary computer programming languages, i.e., C/C++, PERL, Python, Java, OpenGL, OpenCV, MATLAB.
- Knowledge of Linux and development on Linux systems; proven system integration and software architecture skills; and knowledge of modern software development practices and engineering tools, specifically experience with simulation environments and ROS (Robot Operating System), is desired.
How to apply:
Send an email to csail-toyota-jobapply at mit.edu <mailto:csail-toyota-jobapply at mit.edu> with the following information:
- An up-to-date CV
- Relevant publications (no more than three)
- Transcripts (if applies)
Prof. Daniela Rus
Andrew (1956) and Erna Viterbi Professor
32-368, 32 Vassar St
Cambridge, MA 02139
More information about the robotics-worldwide